Sky Q goes on sale in FebruaryFriday, January 29th, 2016
Sky Q – the next generation of TV – goes on sale in February with a set-up cost from just £99
Sky Q – the next generation of TV and 2016’s most hotly anticipated launch in TV tech – will go on sale in February with Sky’s lowest ever set-up cost for a brand new premium product launch.
- Set-up costs for Sky Q will be from just £99
- The typical monthly cost for existing Sky+ customers will be around £12 extra compared with their current Sky+ package
- For new customers joining Sky, the ongoing monthly cost for Sky Q will start from just £42
Sky Q will be available to buy from Tuesday 9 February, with home installations beginning at the end of the month.
As a premium product, Sky Q comes with an entirely new level of customer service. For the first time ever, Sky Q customers will receive servicing and mechanical fault repairs at no extra cost. In addition, customers will have access to a dedicated premium service centre based in the UK. And everyone taking Sky Q – whether an existing Sky customer or new to Sky – will get a full professional installation as part of the set-up cost, to ensure they fully benefit from all the great features of Sky Q and Fluid Viewing.
Stephen van Rooyen, Chief Marketing, Sales & Digital Officer, Sky, said: “We’ve had a fantastic reaction to Sky Q. So I’m delighted to reveal the news that people will be able to get Sky Q for our lowest ever set-up cost for a new premium product.
“We wanted to completely re-imagine TV, making it flexible and seamless across the screens in our lives. With Sky Q and Fluid Viewing that’s exactly what we’ve done – giving people the best TV tech on the market today, at a really accessible price. We think people will love it.”
Sky Q – a whole new way of watching TV – makes it easier than ever to access your favourite TV in and out of the home, and brings an even wider range of entertainment to the big screen. A brand new family of Sky’s most advanced products – including Sky Q, Sky Q Silver, Sky Q Mini, Sky Q touch remote, the Sky Q Hub and the Sky Q app, all connect wirelessly to create an ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless – called Fluid Viewing.
Fluid Viewing gives you the flexibility to pause a show in one room and pick up the action right where you left it on another TV or tablet in your home. It introduces the number one requested feature from customers, the ability to take recordings with you wherever you go. And battles over what to watch or record are a thing of the past, as you can also watch different programmes simultaneously on up to five screens around the home while recording up to four other channels – a first in the UK and Ireland.
Sky Q will launch with two brand new bundles. The Sky Q Bundle gives customers the benefits of Fluid Viewing, together with the very best range of entertainment content from Sky – including:
- Over 50 HD channels and 300+ Sky Box Sets as standard, accessed via completely new TV guide and home page
- Record 3 shows and watch a 4th live
- Pause on one room and pick up the action on a tablet around your home
- Stream your TV around your home via the Sky Q app, and take your recordings with you
- Download shows to your tablet to watch offline
- All new Sky Q touch Bluetooth remote
- Browse Facebook photos and stream music wirelessly over your TV sound system with Bluetooth or Apple’s AirPlay
- Brand new interactive sidebar apps for catching up with the latest from Sky News and Sky Sports without interrupting the big screen experience
- Brand new Online Video section – with videos fully on demand from YouTube and Vevo, plus a curated service which showcases a wide range of the best of the web– including videos from GQ, Vogue, WIRED, Red Bull Media House and Funny Or Die.
The Sky Q Silver Bundle gives you everything from the Sky Q Bundle, plus:
- The ultimate Fluid Viewing experience, on multiple TV screens around your home – letting you watch on two additional Sky Q Minis*, and the option to stream your TV to two tablets all at the same time
- Record and watch even more: record 4 shows while watching a 5th live
- The top of the range 2TB Sky Q Silver box, which is Ultra HD ready in advance of Sky launching the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra High Definition service later in 2016
All customers who already have Sky Broadband or who purchase Sky Broadband when buying Sky Q will also receive our new Sky Q Hub that turns Sky Q boxes into Wi-Fi hotspots, giving a supercharged Sky Broadband experience with the strongest and best coverage throughout the home. Sky Q installations will be phased with Sky Broadband customers receiving the product first, before very soon opening up to those with other broadband providers.
After launch, Sky Q will keep getting better for customers with a pipeline of innovative new features, including a powerful new voice search capability. In addition, the Fluid Viewing experience will come to even more screens with a new app for smartphones to follow.
Sky Q is now open for pre-registration.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution