Opera in discussions to divest its TV businessTuesday, March 15th, 2016
Opera Software ASA (“Opera”) has for some time been in discussions to divest its TV business, in order for the TV business to achieve its full potential under a different ownership structure. No agreement has yet been made nor is certain to be made. Opera will update the market in due course.
The process has been run as part of the broader strategic review. Golden Brick Silk Road (Shenzhen) Equity Investment Fund II LLP was informed of the process before announcing its recommended voluntary offer on 10 February 2016. A potential divestment of the TV business will be completed on terms not impacting the voluntary offer.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023