First STBs with Inview software arrive in NigeriaWednesday, March 16th, 2016
First of 20M set-top boxes with Inview software arrive in Nigeria
NORTHWICH, United Kingdom — Inview Technology Ltd. has successfully completed its software integration with the first batch of set-top boxes for the launch of the Nigerian digital switchover (DSO).
Inview’s software and services will be integrated on all 20 million set-top boxes for launch into the Nigeria consumer market, and the first boxes from the two lead manufacturers, Gospell Technology Ltd. and SMK Skyrun have now arrived in Nigeria.
Inview is aiding the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission’s (NBC) licensed distribution management company Cable Channels Nigeria Ltd (CCNL) to handle the effective and efficient distribution of boxes to the consumer in Nigeria.
Nick Markham, Chairman of Inview commented: “We are proud to see our software and services on the first DTT boxes for Nigeria. We look forward to continuing to support NBC in creating the biggest free-to-air digital TV platform in the world.”
The Minister of Information and culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has given his assurance that Nigeria will achieve DSO by June 2017. The launch of the pilot scheme will soon take place in Jos, Plateau State.
If you would like to meet with Inview, they will be exhibiting at TV Connect, London, stand 47 from 26-28 April, 2016.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement