Video Exchange Asia (May 7-8, 2019: Bangkok); MENA (October 28-29, 2019: Dubai); Africa (November 12-14, 2019: South Africa); Streaming (November 26-27, 2019: London)
Mobiles and PCs falling out of favour for binge TV watching
May 9, 2018 – Conviva and nScreenMedia have announced research analyzing streaming around the globe. The report examines viewing trends such as in-home versus out-of-home, device usage across dayparts, and content patterns related to short-form, long-form, live-linear broadcasts, and sports.
News categories: Conviva, nScreenMedia, Dr. Hui Zhang, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
Envivo launches OTT TV in Africa with Cisco Infinite Video
Oct 30, 2017 – Envivo Communications has announced plans to launch an OTT streaming video service, nVIVO TV, powered by the Cisco Infinite Video Platform, to offer its subscribers access to ‘Nollywood’ and international video content throughout Africa.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Conrad Clemson, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
iWedia/HiSilicon PoC based on AOSP not Android TV
Apr 14, 2017 – iWedia and HiSilicon have clarified that the recently announced common integration works on Android is a Proof of Concept which is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and not Android TV.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ZTE launches smart Android TV STB at TV Connect
Mar 30, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has unveiled its smart Android TV set top box (STB), ZXV10 B860HV2, which supports Dolby Vision to deliver an enhanced viewing experience to homes around the world.
News categories: ZTE, Fang Hui, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ZTE launches Big Video OTT solution at TV Connect
Mar 30, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has launched its Big Video Premium over-the-top (OTT) solution, at TV Connect 2017. The solution brings subscribers the best possible video experience, helps operators to save costs and shortens time-to-market.
News categories: ZTE, Content Distribution, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Stofa selects iWedia Android TV for new 4K Box
Mar 30, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 solution for Android TV has been chosen by Stofa to operate its next-gen TV box. The software runs on a quad cable tuner 4K STB provided by Kaon Media.
News categories: iWedia, Stofa, KaonMedia, Nikola Teslić, Android TV, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Huawei releases cloud-based unified CDN
Mar 29, 2017 – Huawei has released a cloud-based unified CDN solution, which assists operators to improve user experience, and carry out services covering a large number of users of HD video, 4K/UHD video, UGC video and personalized sharing.
News categories: Huawei, Content Distribution, Video Exchange, Worldwide
OBLO Living and iWedia collaborate on home automation through IFTTT
Mar 29, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has integrated its Android TV STB software with the end-to-end home automation system of OBLO Living. The integrated solution is being demonstrated at TV Connect 2017.
News categories: iWedia, OBLO Living, Hervé Creff, Nikola Smiljkovic, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
iWedia’s Linux-based STB software deployed by SmarDTV for HD+
Mar 29, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it is deploying its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 solution for IP-connected STB on the German HD+ retail market in a 4K Set-Top Box (STB) designed and manufactured by SmarDTV.
News categories: iWedia, SmarDTV, HD PLUS, Sunghoon Kim, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS