Minerva certifies ADB’s IPTV wireless and 4K/UHD STBThursday, May 19th, 2016
Minerva certifies ADB’s market-first IPTV wireless and 4K/UHD Set-Top-Box solution
- Minerva iTVFusion platform fully integrated with newly launched ADB 1761 series set-top boxes
- First fully integrated wireless and 4K Set-Top-Boxes (STB) for Minerva’s North American IPTV customers
- Operators can access new advanced features while reducing operational costs
GENEVA, Switzerland — Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB), a leading provider of solutions and services for multimedia convergence, has announced today that Minerva Networks, a leading provider of software solutions for the delivery of connected entertainment services, has certified it’s iTVFusion client on ADB’s new 1761 series of STBs.
The new solution combines ADB’s deep expertise in personal TV and broadband connectivity with Minerva’s market leading IPTV platform to offer operators a wide variety of industry-first features and considerable cost savings. Advanced functionality includes next-generation wireless connectivity and 4K/UHD programming support. The new system will ensure service providers can deliver more compelling TV experiences with greater efficiency and flexibility.
The 1761 STB series introduces a number of key features to the North American market:
- First fully integrated 802.11ac wireless STB – allowing operators to drastically reduce installation overheads and time-to-market by using next generation wireless technology
- First 4K STB – enabling TV service providers to offer Ultra High-Definition 4K quality content
- Flexible deployment options – allowing operators to deliver both managed multicast and RTSP-based video as well as adaptive bit rate (ABR) streaming protocols.
- Low cost/high performance STB – at under $100, the 1720w STB from the new series means considerable cost savings can be achieved, while also improving the Consumer Premises Equipment (CPE) accessibility and performance.
“As a leading provider of subscriber management solutions for the pay TV industry, we are thrilled to be able to certify our iTVFusion client on ADB’s first class technology embedded within their new series of STBs,” said Eric Freund, Vice President, Product Marketing at Minerva Networks.
“The collaboration with ADB allows our customers to advance towards the future of TV delivery in a cost-effective way.”
ADB’s Personal TV solution is an innovative and feature rich, end-to-end offering that helps operators and service providers to meet the challenges of evolving media consumption and consumer behaviour. It enables the delivery of video and other content seamlessly to pay-TV platforms, multi-device and OTT deployments.
“The US IPTV industry has been crying out for an easy-to-use alternative to the cumbersome CPE requirements and infrastructure for STBs,” added Peter Balchin, CEO of ADB. “We’re really proud to be leading the field with these innovations in STB technology through our partnership with Minerva. Our collaboration means operators will be able to considerably reduce the cost of implementation while ultimately providing a richer and more streamlined TV viewing experience for their subscribers.”
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution