Ultra HD launches on Sky QThursday, July 14th, 2016
Sky Q launches Ultra HD: bringing customers the most comprehensive range of TV they love in enhanced picture quality
- 124 live Premier League games and the world premiere of Spectre in Ultra HD
- Award winning documentaries including Attenborough and new drama series with Jude Law
Sky today announces the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra HD service on Sky Q Silver, available to customers from 13 August.Offering an unrivalled line up of Premier League football, exclusive blockbuster movies, natural history documentaries and gripping dramas, viewers will be brought to the heart of the action at home, in enhanced Ultra HD picture quality.
Customers will be able to immerse themselves in 124 live Premier League games this season, and over 70 movies, from the world premiere of Spectre in Ultra HD, to Oscar Winner The Revenant, and box office hit The Martian. There will also be 30 hours of natural history and documentaries, with breath-taking scenes from David Attenborough’s Conquest of the Skies, as well as five new dramas, including hotly anticipated The Young Pope starring Jude Law and Series 4 of The Blacklist.
And this is just the start, with more sports, movies, documentaries and drama, in spectacular Ultra HD, to come soon.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Director of TV & Content Products, commented: “With Sky Q, we created the world’s best TV experience. Now with the introduction of an unrivalled line-up of Ultra HD TV, the service is going to get even better, truly enhancing customers’ viewing experience. So whether you’re a football fan, movie buff, natural history enthusiast or drama junkie, customers looking for the next-generation of TV viewing will love it.”
Watch live, On Demand and through Sky Store, Ultra HD is available to customers with a Sky Q Silver box and subscription at no extra cost.
From 13 August, customers will be able to watch the most comprehensive range of sports, movies, documentaries and dramas in the enhanced detail and clarity of Ultra HD, with highlights in the first year including:
- 124 live Premier League games including the first game of the new season Hull City v Leicester City
- Every race from Formula 1® 2017
- Over 70 movies with premieres including Spectre, The Revenant, The Martian, Bridge of Spies, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and Concussion
- Over 30 Sky Store rental movies from Angry Birds to the entire Ghostbusters and Men In Black box sets
- The biggest ever library of movies from Minority Report to Forrest Gump, The Godfather, Jerry Maguire, Zoolander, The Da Vinci Code and Spider-Man trilogy
- Ultra HD movie themed collections including Blockbusters, Action, Drama and Oscar winners
- 30 hours of natural history and documentaries, from Sky’s David Attenborough catalogue to Sky 1’s Big Cats: An Amazing Animal Family and brand new Monkeys: An Amazing Animal Family, as well as Richard Hammond’s Jungle Quest, plus National Geographic programmes including new Story of God with Morgan Freeman
- Five new dramas including The Young Pope, featuring Jude Law, and directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Paolo Sorrentino, a joint production of Sky, HBO and Canal+, as well as new Series 4 of The Blacklist, and the box set Series 1-3.
- Plus other entertainment, including comedy series The Trip To Spain starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, Sky Arts’ Landscape Artist of the Year 2016 and Blur in concert
Sky Q, the next generation home entertainment system, just got better with Ultra HD. Sky Q is a great new way for customers to experience TV on their terms, with brilliant new features like the ability to record multiple shows at once, pause in one room and carry on in another and take recordings with you. Sky Q will continue to get even better with other exciting features coming soon, including voice search navigation and a smartphone app.