Wurl announces cable STB software partnershipsThursday, September 8th, 2016
Cable Set-Top Box Software Providers Embrace Broadband Channels with Wurl TV Integrations
- New Partnerships Extend Global Reach of Wurl TV Network
AMSTERDAM — Wurl Inc. today announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week’s International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
Wurl’s new partners include:
- Cisco Systems – Wurl broadband channels can be accessed through Cisco’s Snowflake guide for Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs).
- Espial – Wurl broadband channels are integrated into the program guide delivered to cable operators’ set-top boxes through Espial’s G4 platform and in its Moxi viewers’ guide.
- Nagra/OpenTV – Nagra’s revolutionary new IntuiTV guide includes Wurl broadband channels.
- ActiveVideo – Cloud-based delivery of Wurl broadband channels is available through ActiveVideo’s MVPD set-top boxes.
By joining with these leading providers of cable TV set-top box middleware, Wurl TV is extending the reach of its TV network to millions of cable subscribers around the world.
Wurl TV is a next-gen cable network. Much as Netflix, Hulu and YouTube have brought on-demand video programming to cable TV through apps, Wurl is providing viewers with even more choices and the ability to control what they watch, when they want to watch it. Wurl TV features original programming from many of the world’s largest online studios, including entertainment, information and news channels such as Baeble Music TV, Streaming News Network and the ALT Channel.
“The partnerships with industry leaders such as Cisco, Espial, Nagra and ActiveVideo enable us to bring Wurl TV to millions of additional households,” said Sean Doherty, Wurl’s CEO and founder. “These partnerships put Wurl TV right inside internet-connected set-top boxes and make our broadband channels easy for viewers to find and control.”
Wurl TV provides cable operators with a way to attract and retain viewers with easy access to programming from online studios as an alternative to traditional cable network offerings. Wurl TV’s broadband delivery drives high viewer engagement by allowing viewers to watch scheduled programming or select any show, any episode on-demand.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023