Successful 360° world premiere in GermanyTuesday, September 20th, 2016
The first 360 degree live stream in Germany on YouTube was a full-on success
- Red Hot Chili Peppers captivate Germany in the first 360 degree HD concert live stream on YouTube
- 360 degree live stream with 100,000 viewers
Virtual Reality convinces consumers: Deutsche Telekom entered new digital ground with Germany’s first 360 degree HD concert live stream on YouTube. The celebrated premiere around the US band Red Hot Chili Peppers in the Kraftwerk in Berlin was followed by more than 100,000 viewers in the 360 degree live stream. More than half of the fans watched the concert with mobile devices and tested the virtual reality experience.
“Deutsche Telekom exceeded all expectations with their 360 degree live stream on YouTube. The enormous number of people watching proves just how much this innovative, technical approach, and the prominent placement on the landing page, met user’s needs”, states Karin Gerhardy, Industry Leader Telecommunication at Google Germany.
The performance of the US superstars at the Telekom Street Gigs was transmitted by Deutsche Telekom in cooperation with Google on YouTube in 40 countries worldwide for the first time. Multiple 360 degree cameras in the Kraftwerk Berlin enabled an all-around view on stage, in the front row and as a world premiere above the audience, with a so-called 360 degree Spidercam.
“With our partners Google and Warner Music Germany, we are glad to have created a successful premiere in Germany with VR future technology and a live 360 degree production”, explains Michael Schuld, Head of Communications and Sales Telekom Germany.
The concert will be available as a VOD in 360 degrees up until the 19th of October on the Telekom Street Gigs website and on YouTube.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store