PEMRA announces DTH license bidder shortlistTuesday, November 15th, 2016
Update regarding Shortlisted Applicants for DTH Licenses
ISLAMABAD — The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) in its 121st Meeting held on 14.11.2016 has approved shortlisting of the following companies for participation in the Bidding Process for DTH licenses:
1. M/s. Orient Electronics (Pvt.) Ltd., Lahore.
2. M/s. Mag Entertainment (Pvt.) Ltd., Lahore.
3. M/s. Skyflix (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad.
4. M/s. Startimes Communications (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad.
5. M/s. Sardar Builders (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad.
6. M/s. Smart Sky (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad.
7. M/s. Parus Media & Broadcast (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad.
8. M/s. Naya Tel (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad.
9. M/s. Mastro Media Distribution (Pvt.) Ltd. Islamabad.
10. M/s. Shahzad Sky (Pvt.) Ltd. Islamabad (formerly M/s Shahzad CGG (Pvt.) Ltd. Islamabad).
11. M/s. HB DTH (Pvt.) Ltd. Islamabad.
12. M/s IQ Communication (Pvt.) Ltd. Karachi
The aforementioned companies will be called for bidding process to be held on 23.11.2016.
NOTE: Shortlisting of Applicant Company, however, shall not guarantee grant of DTH license. The license shall be granted to the successful bidders only after fulfillment of all legal requirements, approval of Authority and payment of requisite fees and taxes.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution