Arabsat and ONT launch Tunisian platform on Badr-4 at 26°EThursday, February 16th, 2017
Arabsat and ONT launch a Tunisian Platform on Badr-4 at 26°E Hot spot
Arabsat and ONT have announced the signing of an agreement to launch a Tunisian broadcast platform on Arabsat Badr-4 at 26°E.
Platform operation will start by end of Q2, 2017 and will allow Tunisian and regional broadcasters to have a direct access from Tunis to the growing 26°E neighborhood with a coverage encompassing MENA and Western Europe.
“This platform is the result of the long term cooperation between Arabsat and the Office National de la Télédiffusion Tunisien (ONT) which had started several years ago” declares Khalid Balkheyour, CEO of Arabsat. “It will enhance our relationship with Tunisia where Arabsat is already present through our Satellite Control Station as well as the HQ of our strategic partner ASBU.
“Expanding our cooperation with Arabsat will enable us to meet our customers needs and position ONT as a true one stop shop. We believe the 26°E neighborhood will continue its growth through the addition of exclusive TV channels respecting the traditions of the region” adds the CEO of ONT Mr Dhaker Baccouch.
Rohde & Schwarz was chosen for the installation and commissioning of the platform with the most up to date technical specifications.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services