Frontier Communications deploys Elemental video processingTuesday, April 18th, 2017
Frontier Communications Deploys AWS Elemental On Premises and in the Cloud for Nationwide Video Service
- Software unifies cable and IPTV architecture to deploy next-generation linear, on-demand and multiscreen video services
PORTLAND, Ore. — AWS Elemental, an Amazon Web Services company, today announced that Frontier Communications has chosen AWS Elemental video processing for its Vantage TV by Frontier™ live and on-demand video services.
According to Steve Ward, Senior Vice President of Video Technology and Content at Frontier Communications, “We are optimistic that Elemental’s multi-codec support and evolving software solutions for on-premises and cloud-based deployments will help us deliver high-quality video capabilities such as Ultra-High Definition even in remote broadband markets.”
AWS Elemental unified headends support video processing in local markets and national channel video processing at Frontier’s super headend, as well as Frontier TV support of streaming content to consumers’ smart phones, tablets, and other personal devices. VOD assets that require dynamic scaling are transcoded using AWS Elemental Cloud.
The AWS Elemental Delta video delivery platform supports just-in-time packaging and just-in-time digital rights management for the Frontier TV Everywhere app.
“With this initiative, Frontier is creating a next-generation IPTV platform with software-defined video solutions that are flexible and scalable,” said Dan Marshall, Senior Vice President of Field Operations for AWS Elemental.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement