Minerva and partners show Cloud-ready multi-tenant pay TV solutionFriday, April 21st, 2017
Minerva and Ecosystem Partners to Demonstrate Cloud Ready Multitenant Pay TV Solution
- Minerva’s platform, combined with pre-certified eco-system components, allows multiple PayTV operators to share video and services management infrastructure while keeping full control over service delivery, branding and pricing
LAS VEGAS, NV — Minerva Networks, Inc. and selected eco-system partners will demonstrate at the NAB show in Las Vegas how multiple operators with a variety of access networks can deliver a broad range of compelling pay TV services while sharing video and service management infrastructure.
The Minerva 10 platform’s unique distributed architecture enables flexible and efficient deployment models featuring a shared cloud-based back-office and edge nodes located in proximity of each operator’s access network. In a typical deployment scenario, larger operators would host and operate the shared back-office, achieving scale for their investments while giving smaller operators a lower entry price point and a pay-as-you-go cost model.
“We are extremely excited to showcase, along with our partners, how the Minerva 10 platform meets the needs of operators looking for the most efficient way to upgrade their legacy systems,” said Jean-Georges Fritsch, CTO of Minerva Networks. “The solution we will demonstrate in Las Vegas is ideally suited for leading operators to offer next-generation hosted and managed pay TV services to smaller service providers.”
At NAB, a single cloud-based Minerva 10 back-office connected to a local Minerva Edge node will power several different live demonstrations in the exhibit hall. Learn more from our eco-systems partners at the following locations:
- Anevia (SU4417) will present how its cloudDVR and CDN products deliver innovative services with Minerva 10 platform for Multiscreen, including Sagemcom’s IP Linux STBs
- Arris (SU1916) will demonstrate how Minerva 10 delivers premium Cable TV services using their Hybrid Cable STB
- Harmonic (SU1210) will showcase how its cloud-native VOS™ media processing solutions enable operators to launch broadcast and OTT services quickly with pristine quality across all screens
- Verimatrix (SU3116) will illustrate how its MultiRights™ OTT solution supports secure video services to the widest range of device types and how Verspective™ Operator Analytics provides competitive optimization of the service experience
- ContentWise (SU12106CM) will feature personalized recommendations delivered as part of a “skinny OTT TV bundle” to Android TV streaming media devices
“Software-empowered operators have more choice than ever before to build best-of-breed, cloud-based network infrastructures to deliver a truly premium viewing experience,” said Steve Christian, SVP of Marketing, Verimatrix. “Mature and proven integrations like these open up a world of new opportunities for large and small operators alike.”
“Harmonic is proud to be the media processing technology provider to Minerva’s next generation cloud-based ecosystem,” said Shahar Bar, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, at Harmonic. “Our cloud-based VOS solutions, combined with Minerva’s platform, provides operators with a pre-integrated, tried-and-true approach to Pay TV, enabling new and enhanced services to be launched in a matter of weeks by leveraging the agility and scalability provided by cloud-native infrastructure.”
“We are glad to offer our products in this fully integrated cloud-based eco-system to enable new services such as TimeshiftTV, Startover, ReverseEPG, nDVR both for IPTV and multiscreen,” said Damien Lucas, CTO and co-founder of Anevia. “The solution relies on a multi-tenant cloud-based origin-packager and dedicated on premise CDN.”