DIRECTV NOW available on Roku boxesTuesday, May 30th, 2017
DIRECTV NOW Streaming Service Available on the Roku Platform
- Roku users with supported devices can stream a free month of AT&T’s Premium Video Content on DIRECTV NOW
LOS GATOS, Calif. — Roku, Inc. today announced the availability of an early release of AT&T’s(1) video streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, on the select Roku® devices – Roku TV™ 4K models, the Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600R), Roku 4, Roku 3 and Roku 2 (model 4210).
Beginning today, users of supported Roku devices in the U.S. can now stream more than 120 live channels, as well as on demand, premium channels, popular shows, and hit movies through DIRECTV NOW on Roku – all with no annual contract, no credit check and no satellite dish required. A one month free trial of DIRECTV NOW will be offered to Roku customers who don’t already have a DIRECTV NOW account. (After one month, customers will be auto-billed a minimum of $35/month – unless canceled.) Customers can visit the Roku blog for more details on how to take advantage of this offer.
“Roku is a leader in streaming entertainment and millions of homes in the U.S. have Roku devices,” said Brad Bentley, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, AT&T Entertainment Group. “DIRECTV NOW is about bringing customers entertainment their way, so launching on the Roku platform was an important part of our strategy.”
“AT&T’s robust DIRECTV NOW service is an incredible offer for our customers who expect premium streaming entertainment at a great value,” said Steve Shannon, general manager, content and services, at Roku. “Getting consumers to the content they want the most has always been our focus.”
DIRECTV NOW programming packages bring popular channels together for a great entertainment value:(2)
- Live a Little – $35 / month (60+ channels)
- Just Right – $50 / month (80+ channels)
- Go Big – $60 / month (100+ channels)
- Gotta Have it – $70 / month (120+ channels)
DIRECTV NOW gets even better with the AT&T Unlimited Plus
To access DIRECTV NOW on a supported Roku device, customers can sign up online for DIRECTV NOW and then download the channel from the Roku Channel store. Within minutes of signing up, customers will have easy access to stream content over a U.S. internet connection on their Roku devices.
The Roku platform features more than 5,000 streaming channels and 450,000 movies and TV episodes. Roku has more than 14 million active user accounts as of the end of March 2017. Roku users streamed 3+ billion hours of video and music in the first quarter of 2017 alone.
1. AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
2. Compatible device & browser req’d. Avail. in US only. Service renews monthly (min. $35/mo.), until you cancel. Pricing, channels, features, & terms subject to change without notice. No refunds for partial-month periods/unwatched content. Gen: Restrs & taxes apply. Programming subject to blackout restrictions. Details at directvnow.com
3. Plan includes Stream Saver. See att.com/unlimited for plan details.