Tele2 deploys enhanced viewing experience with EspialWednesday, June 7th, 2017
Tele2 Deploys Enhanced Viewing Experience Using Espial IP Video Platform
OTTAWA, Ontario — Transforming the viewing experience worldwide, Espial today announced the deployment by Tele2 of an updated premium video user experience recently in the Netherlands. The enhanced viewing experience features crisp, high-definition menus and content posters and new features such as an interactive trailer channel. As part of this project, Espial provided Tele2 with the software tools and support to enable them to take control of their own user experience on Espial’s IP Video Platform. This enables service providers such as Tele2 to enhance and innovate on their video services to delight their subscribers.
Tele2’s updated user experience, designed by Tele2 and deployed using Espial’s IP Video Platform, quickly elicited positive responses from subscribers in the Netherlands, including:
- Subscribers report higher satisfaction with the new interface which is more efficient to navigate, with enhanced content posters, as well as higher resolution (by moving from SD to HD)
- Subscribers have noted significant improvements in performance/responsiveness as well as overall system reliability
Fouad el Idrissi, Senior TV Product Manager, Tele2 said: “Our subscribers have responded very favorably to our updated user experience, which we recently deployed throughout the Netherlands. We will further improve and add to our video user experience going forward.”
“As a top contender amongst the leading service providers in Europe – one of the world’s most competitive video markets – Tele2 is driven to challenge the market continuously,” said Michael McCluskey, Espial Vice President Product Management. “Espial solutions empower Tele2 and other service providers with the software platform and tools to quickly enhance and customize their subscribers’ viewing experiences on both legacy and new set-tops to gain and sustain competitive advantage.”
About Espial IP Video Platform
Espial’s IP Video Platform includes Media Service Platform, a server solution that can be deployed in private and shared cloud configurations, set-top box client software, multi-screen and user experience solutions.
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak