Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TVSunday, September 17th, 2017
Vewd and Wiztivi Partner to Give Pay-TV Operators Faster Time-to-Market for OTT Services
- Certification from Opera and optimization from Wiztivi creates a full-stack solution that combines fast time-to-market and impressive performance
OSLO, Norway — Vewd (formerly Opera TV), the global market leader in enabling OTT, today announced a partnership with Wiztivi, a leader in multiscreen UIs for operators and media groups, that will offer pay-TV operators peace-of-mind and radically faster time-to-market when selecting Wiztivi’s UI framework through the following initiatives
- Wiztivi has optimized their UI framework for the Vewd SDK, so operators can expect Wiztivi’s TIMELESSUI® to perform well across tens of millions of Vewd-powered devices, including low-power devices.
- Vewd has certified Wiztivi’s UI framework, so pay-TV operators can trust that apps and middleware UIs using Wiztivi’s UI framework will have optimized memory handling, crisp animations which enable an immersive consumer experience.
“Our partnership with Wiztivi gives us a fully validated and tested UI solution designed for mass scale,” said Aneesh Rajaram, CEO, Vewd. “Pay-tv operators have stringent performance requirements which this partnership addresses head on by leveraging a pre-optimized framework that gives smooth animations and robust cross-platform support, including devices with minimal processing power.”
Working together, Wiztivi and Vewd have created a strong standards-based software stack for pay TV operators. Vewd currently works with more than 50 of the world’s leading pay-TV operators, while Wiztivi works with some of the top names in pay-TV including SFR, Orange, TF1, M6, Canal+, Viacom, Vodafone Group and Virgin (UK).
“With Vewd, we can help pay-TV operators everywhere offer the innovative product experience consumers expect today,” said Manuel Dujardin, CTO at Wiztivi. “Vewd’s SDK handles the heavy lifting of enabling OTT through reliably rendering UI’s and streaming video, while we layer on an intuitive, gorgeous user experience branded for each partner.”
A live demo of the Vewd Core SDK with the Wiztivi TIMELESSUI® will be shown this year during IBC in Amsterdam from September 14 to 18, 2017. You can find the Vewd team in Hall 14, Stand A20 at the Amsterdam RAI Exhibition and Congress Centre. Wiztivi’s TIMELESSUI® shortlisted for the CSI Awards this year at IBC (Best Interactive TV technology or application).
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution