Ofcom publishes International Communications Market Report 2017Monday, December 18th, 2017
International Communications Market Report 2017
This is the twelfth year in which Ofcom has published the International Communications Market Report, which provides comparative international data on the communications sector. In this report we compare industry structures and consumer outcomes in the UK with those in 16 comparator countries, in telecoms, TV and video, radio and audio, internet and online content, and post.
The aim of the report is to compare the UK communications sector with a range of countries in order to assess how the UK is performing in an international context.
This report is intended to be used in a number of ways: to benchmark the UK’s communications sector, to learn from market and regulatory developments in other countries, and to provide the context for Ofcom’s regulatory initiatives. It also contributes to the information we draw upon, enabling us to understand how our actions and priorities can influence outcomes for citizens and consumers, and for communications markets generally.
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland