ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium servicesThursday, March 15th, 2018
ATEME Enables High Quality UHD, Powers New TV Service for CANAL+
PARIS, DENVER, SINGAPORE, SAO PAULO — ATEME, video delivery leader, and CANAL+ #1 France Service Provider, extends their partnership to include UHD premium services.
Leveraging ATEME’s continuous research and innovation in picture quality, CANAL+ workflow can now process both SD, HD and UHD content. The bandwidth efficiency (High Quality at low bitrates), the comprehensive input/output format coverage and processing techniques of ATEME’s TITAN solution grant CANAL+ with the follow benefits:
- Lower Operational Expenditures with optimized workflow
- Broad reach from the deployed set top boxes to the latest satellite decoder and myCanalApp on OTT 4K devices.
- Increased subscriber satisfaction with superior quality service
“CANAL+ Group is a pioneer in technological innovation for entertainment. ATEME’s efficient premium quality products gives us the ability to produce and release more and more innovative quality content for our subscribers”, said Philippe Rivas, CTO at CANAL+ Distribution.
Michel Artières, CEO of ATEME : “We are delighted to support CANAL+ Group in its development strategy by providing them with our solutions and our expertise. These new services expand our portfolio of 4K references, and demonstrates the technological excellence of our solutions and our ability to quickly deploy high quality TV services”.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store