BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platformFriday, January 18th, 2019
Increasing the number of standard-essential patents covered, the Velos Media platform continues to drive the adoption of the HEVC technology
PLANO, Texas — Today, Velos Media announced that BlackBerry has joined the platform and will make its entire portfolio of standard-essential HEVC patents available for license through the Velos Media marketplace. Velos Media continues to offer a simplified, one-license solution to product manufacturers by now bringing together the patent portfolios of six leading global technology companies who have made many of the most significant contributions to the HEVC standard.
“We are happy to have BlackBerry join the Velos Media licensing platform and further enhance access to important HEVC innovations that enable consumers to enjoy richer video experiences,” said Fred Telecky, president Velos Media. “Velos Media’s streamlined approach allows product manufacturers to have a reasonable and efficient path to secure a license, and our patent holders to receive a fair return on their R&D investments.”
A license from Velos Media covers all standard-essential HEVC patents from BlackBerry and all other current Velos Media members, including future patent grants from currently pending applications, as well as all future acquisitions and fillings by a member during the term.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023