Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modulesThursday, March 14th, 2019
TiVo Brings Best-in-Class Personalized Content Discovery to Funimation
- Agreement Allows Content Provider to Seamlessly Deliver and Manage Personalized Customer User Experiences to Drive Increased Viewership and Engagement
SAN JOSE, Calif. — TiVo Corporation (NASDAQ: TIVO), a global leader in entertainment technology and audience insights, today announced that Funimation, the leading global anime content provider and a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television (SPT), has licensed the Search, Recommendations and Insight modules of TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery (PCD) platform.
The use of the PCD platform’s integrated reporting and analytics insights module enables Funimation to test, manage and fine-tune search and recommendation performance in real-time to easily improve the user experience and generate more engagement from viewer searches.
The licensed modules are now fully operational on Funimation’s website and on FunimationNow, the company’s streaming platform, as well as across a wide range of Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms including Apple TV, Google Chromecast and Roku streaming devices. As part of the agreement, TiVo is also providing Funimation with an integrated product and merchandise search function that provides a single landing page for both viewable programs and relevant merchandise including shirts, DVD sets, etc.
“Funimation provides an exciting opportunity to showcase our personalization technology for content providers to help them make the consumer entertainment experience more engaging and streamlined,” said Sean Moore, vice president, content provider accounts, TiVo. “Through TiVo’s dynamic recommendation carousels and features like ‘More Like This,’ viewers will no longer have to search for content they might like; the content will now find them.”
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027