Vodafone Qatar selects MediaKind's MediaFirst cloud-based multiscreen TV platformWednesday, April 3rd, 2019
Vodafone Qatar Partners with MediaKind to Deliver New and Immersive IPTV and OTT Services to Multiscreen Audiences
- The deployment of MediaFirst will provide a future-oriented, multiscreen platform service enhancing TV and entertainment experiences for Vodafone Qatar customers
- The cloud-based deployment enables Vodafone Qatar to readily launch content and TV services across all existing IPTV and OTT devices
- Partnership allows Vodafone Qatar to differentiate and collaborate with OTT players by meeting growing consumer demands for access to high quality content
PLANO, Texas — MediaKind, a global media technology leader, today announces it has been selected by Vodafone Qatar to deliver MediaFirst – the next generation cloud-based multiscreen TV Platform service to consumers in Qatar. This MediaFirst deployment will provide Vodafone Qatar with the capability and flexibility to launch new content over existing IPTV or OTT devices. The deployment of the new TV platform is due to commence before year end.
Vodafone Qatar’s customers will be able to enjoy a full range of compelling user experiences that are consistent across all devices, with access to online and offline video content. The platform will be deployed based on a continuous engagement model where a partner owns and develops the full solution ecosystem, enabling the delivery of rich features such as immersive content, universal search, rich metadata and advanced personalization, all within a single pay-TV subscription.
Diego Camberos, Chief Operating Officer, Vodafone Qatar, says: “Our customers are demanding ever increasing access to a wider range of on-demand, mobile and immersive content offerings, which means we have to find new, innovative methods of delivering deeper, more meaningful and highly personalized services. By partnering with MediaKind, we have access to a next generation cloud-based multiscreen media platform that enables our customers to watch all their favorite content whenever they want and on the device they prefer. With the deployment of MediaFirst TV Platform, we are ensuring our customers benefit from a technology that can adapt to future media delivery needs.”
Damien Montessuit, Senior Vice President, EMEA, MediaKind, says: “MediaKind is in a unique position to offer end-to-end solutions with products and capabilities that can adapt to fit market trends. Our heritage in building, integrating and supporting media platforms with global and regional expertise, enables rapid time-to-market with high quality operator grade service. Through the deployment of MediaFirst – our next generation cloud-based multiscreen TV Platform – we are strengthening our global leadership in delivering highly immersive, personalized TV experiences by providing Vodafone Qatar customers with access to rich, consistent viewing opportunities across any device, anywhere.”
The deployment combines a wide range of different products and solutions from the MediaKind Universe (MediaKind’s portfolio of solutions) to deliver a unified consumer experience over any access network and includes MediaFirst TV Platform; Video Storage and Processing Platform; Headend Compression; Content Management system; and Professional Services for Integration, Support Services and Platform Operation Services.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store