Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customersTuesday, May 14th, 2019
Philo Brings Their Entertainment-Focused Streaming TV Platform to WOW! Broadband Customers
SAN FRANCISCO — Philo, the country’s first entertainment, lifestyle and knowledge-focused television streaming service, today announced they had reached an agreement with WOW!, a leading provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable television, serving residential, business and wholesale customers in the Midwest and Southeast, including Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and Georgia.
Through this partnership, Philo’s service, priced at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers, beginning mid-year, and will have the ability to be viewed on a wide range of Internet-connected devices.
“We are excited to partner with Philo to offer yet another option to WOW! customers,” said Roger Seiken, senior vice president of programming for WOW!. “Philo’s video streaming service offers big name entertainment networks, with a smart easy-to-use interface, all at a very compelling price. WOW! recognizes today’s video consumers want to choose from a variety of entertainment options and our goal is to help our customers access and enjoy those services. Combining Philo TV and WOW! HSD is a winning proposition for our customers.”
Philo carries content from popular cable networks, including A&E, AMC, BBC America, Cheddar, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, ID, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, OWN, Tastemade, and many more.
“Philo is always looking for great partners to work with in order to bring our service to TV lovers, wherever they are,” said Andrew McCollum, Philo CEO. “Our new partnership with WOW! will offer a new entertainment-television experience to layer on top of WOW!’s super fast 1-Gig high speed data network.”
Philo offers a seven-day free trial at try.philo.com. After the trial, the subscription begins and can be cancelled at any time.
Philo offers 58 channels for just $20 a month. Customers can stream programming on their computer, through most browsers, via Philo’s apps for Apple iOS and Apple TV, on Android devices via Chrome, Android TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
Built on groundbreaking technology, Philo includes powerful features and functionality, including:
- Watch on up to three different devices at the same time;
- Unlimited 30-day DVR, deep on-demand library, plus the ability to pause any live channel, start programs from the beginning, and watch programs that have aired in the past three days for no additional charge;
- Streamlined interface, intelligent search, and easy but powerful functionality to save and follow your favorite shows;
- Seven-day free trial.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store