Sky Media launches Sky AnalyticsThursday, July 4th, 2019
Sky Media launches Sky Analytics – TV’s new remote control for agencies and brands
- From 3rd July 2019, Sky Media will rollout Sky Analytics to both media agencies and advertisers, opening-up direct access to plan, report and evaluate elements of their TV campaigns for the first time
The release of the Sky Analytics online portal is the first phase on a roadmap to simplify execution and management of Sky’s cross-platform TV advertising.
- New online portal to plan, report and evaluate TV campaigns
- Launching with capability across AdSmart and Video On Demand platforms
- Inclusion of third-party verified MOAT video score data
- Extensive roadmap including cross-platform reporting through CFlight and transactional capability.
Sky Analytics will deliver advertising partners the ability to:
- Define, plan and price their Sky Media campaign in one place
- Direct and accelerated access to campaign performance and reports
- Deliver a deeper understanding of campaign outcomes allowing brands to evaluate and optimise advertising in greater detail.
Sky Media is on a journey to make Sky Analytics the one-stop portal to plan, report, evaluate and further optimise cross-platform Sky Media campaigns. Starting with AdSmart and On Demand, with a roadmap to enable capabilities across all its full addressable, on demand and linear suite of products. Media and advertising agencies, as well as established and local advertisers can use Sky Analytics to quickly access and control advertising campaigns.
Jamie West, Sky’s Group Director of Advanced Advertising, said, “Sky Analytics is a significant step in giving agencies and clients more control of their TV campaigns. The ability to plan campaigns using the wealth of targeting attributes or combining with their own data is hugely compelling. We are on a journey to deliver a single powerful platform with the flexibility marketers have come to expect from digital, but for the brand safe premium video experience of TV.”
First Phase Launch
Usage of Sky Analytics at launch will focus on two areas: AdSmart and On Demand.
For AdSmart campaigns advertisers and agencies will be able to:
- Build and size an audience using demographic and lifestyle attributes, purchasing behaviour and location data from AdSmart’s 1400 attributes
- Set specific campaign goals and metrics
- Define how often an audience will see an ad
- Accelerated access to campaign pricing
- Use impression, reach and frequency to report against campaign goals
For On Demand:
- Direct access to Campaign reports
- Detailed delivery reports and analysis, including impression heatmaps and content
- Independently verified metrics through MOAT – details include Reached Complete %, Valid and Viewable %, Valid and AVOC % (AVOC = audible and visual on completion) and MOAT Video score.
MOAT metrics are available within the Analytics portal, giving clients and agencies independently verified metrics to assess the quality of the impressions they’re buying from Sky Media.
Reports include Reached Complete %, Valid and Viewable %, Valid and AVOC % (AVOC = audible and visual on completion) and MOAT Video score.
These allow clients and agencies to see the exceptional completion rates, that are audible and in view, and served to humans via Sky Media’s VoD product. The MOAT video score combines all the quality metrics that MOAT compile to give a like for like quality score of the impressions received. On a scale of 0-100, Sky Media score on average 98, demonstrating the value of our On Demand inventory.
Next Steps for Sky Analytics
Later this year, campaigns using AdSmart will have live pricing and buying capabilities added and those using On Demand will have additional planning capabilities included. Through ongoing development, the ultimate goal for the platform is to provide a one-stop shop for cross platform, planning, reporting and evaluation.
“The roll-out of Sky Analytics now means that our teams at Mindshare can quickly log in to see the performance of our campaigns. The inclusion of MOAT viewability metrics gives us confidence in the quality of the video impressions that Sky’s platforms provide. We’ll continue to work closely with Sky to develop data-led targeting and reporting capabilities for our clients.” – Stefan Jansen, Video Director – Mindshare.
“I’ve been able to plan for audiences that I wasn’t expecting to find… It’s just an absolute dream for us.” – Tom Vickers, Partnership Director initiative Media
“There’s generally a need to allocate funds to certain media activities way before they take place. And so something that gives me a better handle on what costs might be is a great thing, because I can be more accurate in our overall budgeting… Sky Analytics is definitely makes booking an AdSmart campaign easier for me, no doubt about that.” – Ian Waddington, Managing Director, Propeller