FranceTV Publicité trials ad targeting based on viewer interestsThursday, July 18th, 2019
Following on from its trial of advertising substitution on HbbTV at the end of 2018, FranceTV Publicité has now tested the delivery of ads personalized according to the interests of the viewer.
A proof of concept (PoC) was run from July 10 to 17 with the operator TDF and the advertising agency Havas using technology from Enensys. Advertisers BNP Paribas, Carglass, Decathlon, and Mylan also took part.
A panel of consenting France Télévisions viewers was assembled and their content consumption habits were collected in compliance with GDPR rules. Based on their behaviour, the homes were segmented into 4 categories – Family, News/Culture, Environment/Health and Weather – defining their interests.
Using the segments, ads in certain programmes on France 2 were then seamlessly substituted, with partner advertisers able to target spots based on the interests of the viewer.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution