Teleste receives an order from Digicable, India for their Pan India IP-based digital television platformThursday, June 26th, 2008
Teleste (Helsinki: TLT1V) has been selected by Digicable Network (India) Pvt Ltd to deliver their new compact IP-based digital television platform. The value of the initial order is 12 million euros.
Digicable will provide an advanced portfolio of digital interactive television services over a Head End in the Sky (HITS) satellite distribution network. The solution provided by Teleste will provide both IPTV and DVB-C based television.
The solution is based on the recently launched Teleste Luminato IP headend technology. It offers professional performance in the industry’s smallest footprint and is ideally suited for this high volume application.
This positions Teleste in the forefront of the Indian cable television digitalization process.
The majority of the order is to be delivered during 2009-2010.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement