Comcast acquires XUMOTuesday, February 25th, 2020
We are pleased to announce that Comcast has acquired XUMO, the advertising-supported streaming service based in Irvine, California.
XUMO offers free, live and on-demand streaming entertainment, news, sports and more, organized in a channel guide, and features over 190 different genre-grouped channels. XUMO’s multi-screen network of distribution partners include major smart television brands who have partnered with XUMO to curate rich, free, media experiences for global audiences.
The talented team at XUMO has created a successful, growing, and best-in-class set of streaming capabilities. We are excited for this team to join Comcast and look forward to supporting them as they continue to innovate and develop their offerings.
XUMO will continue to operate as an independent business inside of Comcast Cable. The financial terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed.
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland