DoubleVerify introduces ad completion measurement tools for CTVFriday, July 17th, 2020
DoubleVerify Expands CTV Transparency for Global Advertisers with Fully On-Screen Completion Measurement
- As CTV investments grow, DV is powering media quality and performance with a suite of CTV measurement solutions
NEW YORK, NY — DoubleVerify (“DV”), a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data and analytics, today announced the industry’s first Connected TV (CTV) Fully On-Screen Completion measurement offering. The new capability will allow advertisers to measure signals that offer a strong proxy for viewability on CTV.
CTV viewership has grown dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic, boosting streaming video consumption by nearly 40%.* With the shift, advertisers are following audiences. According to the IAB, more than a third (35%) of advertisers have adjusted their in-market tactics as a result of the virus, with 35% of that group increasing CTV investments, specifically.** As advertisers continue to navigate COVID-19, shifting budgets to CTV inventory and platforms, the need to understand performance and measurability across the channel is now more important than ever.
Measuring viewability historically has been challenging across CTV inventory. DV’s Fully On-Screen Completion measurement capabilities address this challenge and offer global brands insight into two key CTV metrics:
- Quartile completion metrics: Advertisers can now understand how many impressions were played to completion and identify drop-off points along the way. Completion metrics are measured and reported for impressions that are delivered via the DV VAST Wrapper (officially called the DV Video Omnitag). Leveraging widely adopted VAST quartile events, DV provides a breakdown of video campaign playback enabling a buyer to understand the volume of impressions.
- Fully on-screen metrics: A subset of completion metrics, where DV also has performed a VAST Visibility Certification, confirming that impressions originate from sources (devices, apps, and platforms) that deliver 100% of the ad’s pixels on the screen consistently.
“Viewability measurement in the CTV environment has been challenging for multiple reasons – from technical execution to lack of agreed-upon standards,” said Matt McLaughlin, COO of DoubleVerify. “DV’s innovative approach to measuring ad presentation on CTV is a market first. It extends to both the app and device levels, and represents a close proxy to traditional viewability available to advertisers today. Our new solution offers unique components that address the current viewability challenges for CTV advertisers.”
With investments growing, DV is taking a leadership role in solving the issues advertisers face on emerging CTV platforms. Recently, the company launched a new solution to give CTV buyers full transparency and accurate data on where their campaigns are running across all major CTV devices. The technology maps app names across platforms and devices, normalizing them per IAB standards.
Earlier this year, DV announced its CTV Certification Program, the industry’s first CTV Targeting Certification for programmatic platforms, protecting advertisers from fraud and invalid traffic in the CTV space. DV’s The ABCs of CTV whitepaper also educates advertisers on best practices around CTV media quality measurement and performance.
DV’s CTV capabilities will let advertisers optimize for DV Authentic Impressions®, wherever their campaigns run – including high-growth, emerging media. To be counted as Authentic by DV, an impression must be fully viewed, by a human, in a brand safe environment.
“For advertisers, viewability is table stakes across every digital environment and channel,” said Dan Slivjanovski, CMO, DoubleVerify. “We’re excited to launch this landmark solution, bringing buyers an accurate proxy for traditional viewability.”
* Nielsen, 2020
** IAB, Coronavirus Ad Spend Impact: Buy-side, 2020
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store