Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10Tuesday, July 28th, 2020
Humax announces the world’s most advanced Android TV device platform
- Introducing the Humax H7: an advanced Android TV common platform (set-top box)
- Integrates the latest Broadcom solution with 24K DMIPS CPU, WiFi6, AV1, and HDR10 technologies
- Designed to enable faster time-to-market with trusted quality as a market-ready product
- Expands Humax portfolio of Android TV solutions for business-to-business customers
SEONGNAM, South Korea — Humax, a leading provider of video and broadband customer premises equipment (CPE), today unveils the Humax H7: the world’s most advanced Android TV set-top box.
H7 is equipped with the latest Broadcom solution with 24K DMIPS CPU, which enables high performance and fast data processing. It also applies the new multi-access environment optimization technology WiFi6 (11.ax) to provide an optimized environment for 4K video streaming and cloud gaming. It is the world’s first Android TV device that supports both AV1, the latest high-definition video codec, and HDR10 video technology boasting vivid picture quality and contrast.
As a market-ready product, it allows faster time-to-market with trusted and proven quality. Building on this concept, Humax will expand its product line-up to sound and voice integrated products including IoT features.
Based on years of experience in developing Android TV projects with the latest technology for major Pay-TV operators, Humax has recently signed a contract to develop a next-generation solution for a major telecommunications operator in North America. Humax plans to launch H7 in Europe and Asia before the end of the year.
Humax will also unveil Humax E2E solutions which deliver all the related features of the Android TV service to any operator in any region as a complete platform offering.
Tailoring to each market and individual customer requirements, Humax will provide Humax’s HATS (broadcasting middleware), HAVIS (voice assistant solution), HAMS (back-end management and analysis solutions for operators), and Humax’s own UI/UX for an operator tier program.
“With this innovative Android TV product and our Humax E2E solutions, Humax can quickly supply products that offer a variety of content and services to our customers, paving the way to lead the Android TV OS market,” said Jeff Kim, EVP of Worldwide Sales at Humax.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023