ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platformTuesday, August 4th, 2020
ViacomCBS to Launch Connected Video Ad Platform “ViacomCBS EyeQ”
- Unified Digital Offering to Drive Incremental Reach and Ad Effectiveness Across ViacomCBS’ Immense Audience Scale
- Launching Fall 2020
NEW YORK — ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) today announced the planned launch of ViacomCBS EyeQ, a new and expansive connected video advertising platform that will serve as a single transactional point of entry for digital video content from ViacomCBS’ leading portfolio of broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks, with enhanced capabilities to deliver incremental reach across one of the largest premium video audiences in the U.S.
ViacomCBS EyeQ will bring together all of ViacomCBS’ connected video assets — including BET, CBS Television Network, CBS All Access, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Pluto TV and VH1 — allowing advertisers to access a viewing audience that measures 50 million full-episode monthly unique viewers in the U.S., and 150 million across all content and all devices.
“The launch of EyeQ marks the arrival of one of the biggest premium video platforms in digital media,” said John Halley, Chief Operating Officer of Advertising Revenue at ViacomCBS. “In unifying the operating backend and go-to-market of three large pre-existing players – CBS Interactive, Pluto TV, and Viacom Video – we have consolidated a massive audience footprint that will deliver quality, scale, and capabilities that cannot be matched.”
David Lawenda, Executive Vice President of Digital Sales and Strategy at ViacomCBS, said “EyeQ is game changing. It is a portal into 50 million highly engaged, full-episode viewers watching our content each month, with 80% of the consumption happening on TV glass. And ViacomCBS can now offer unified buying and frequency control across all of that scale, which is aligned to the needs of an advertising marketplace that is increasingly focused on incremental reach.”
ViacomCBS EyeQ will simplify transactions and reporting across ViacomCBS’ premium digital offering, which is among the broadest and highest quality in the ad-supported marketplace. The content offering includes many of the biggest franchises and number one hits currently running in News, Sports, Late Night, Comedy, Music, Kids, Movies, Reality and Scripted Entertainment, in addition to the most coveted live events.
ViacomCBS EyeQ will support a variety of transactional models depending on advertiser preference, including programmatic guaranteed and private marketplace, and will offer multiple lanes of activation, including:
- Content segments, allowing advertisers to verticalize spend under scaled content categories, including the best in Entertainment, News, Sports and Kids programming.
- Broad demos, allowing advertisers to maximize reach across all viewership and platforms.
- Strategic segments, allowing advertisers to leverage syndicated behavioral sets or custom audiences through leading advanced ad platform, Vantage.
- Creative, allowing advertisers to customize immersive brand experiences for greater impact through integrations, custom creative, influencers, and live experiences.
ViacomCBS EyeQ will also introduce a new reporting infrastructure to provide real-time data and tactical campaign guidance for advertisers to track spending across platforms. Additionally, ViacomCBS EyeQ will offer a range of solutions to measure the effectiveness of campaigns, including ad quality metrics, brand lift, attribution and social sentiment.
ViacomCBS EyeQ will launch in Fall 2020.
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico