Virgin Media Ireland launches Virgin TV 360 set-topsThursday, October 1st, 2020
Bring On Amazing – Virgin TV 360 from Virgin Media is here
- Virgin Media launches new connected entertainment platform delivering Ireland’s best and most advanced TV service
- Powered by Ireland’s fastest broadband network, Virgin TV 360 allows you to manage your TV service, your way
Virgin Media, Ireland’s leading entertainment provider, has announced the arrival of Virgin TV 360, a new connected entertainment platform delivering Virgin Media’s most advanced and innovative TV service yet. Underpinned by Virgin Media’s ultrafast broadband connectivity, this new platform gives viewers an all-encompassing TV experience on all their screens, backed by new functionality including Voice Search and Control, an updated user interface, the very best over-the-top online video apps from such as Netflix, YouTube and many more, intuitive Catch Up functionality, Box Sets, movies and recordings.
Viewers can also enjoy TV throughout their homes from one of our new 4K-ready Virgin TV 360, Mini box, or on the move with our dedicated Virgin TV Anywhere app that lets you stream, control and manage your TV, your way.
Some of Virgin TV 360’s standout features include:
- Seamless viewing and UI consistency across Virgin TV 360, Mini box and Virgin TV Anywhere App.
- Speedily find the TV you love with our new Voice Search and Voice Control functionality.
- The ability to create individual Profiles with personalised recommendations that make your TV experience truly yours.
- New ‘Startover’ feature lets you skip back to the beginning of programmes on all major channels.
- Multi-room viewing with faster, more intuitive user experience – it’s a TV service that looks and feels state-of-the art.
- Our best-ever on-the-go app experience on Virgin TV Anywhere app: watch, control and manage TV, your way.
- Record six channels while you watch a 7th or other recordings, Catch Up or On Demand.
Our new Virgin TV 360 box is one of our most environmentally-friendly set top boxes to date with a 64% reduction in energy consumption over our previous Horizon set top box and its packaging is made from 100% recycled material from source.
Paul Higgins, Vice President of Commercial, Virgin Media Ireland said: “The arrival of our new Virgin TV 360 platform is fantastic news for our customers. We’ve been working hard to ensure we bring the best entertainment offering across all our services, with the ultimate TV experience.
“Powered by our award-winning broadband network, Virgin TV 360 will change the way viewers enjoy all their favourite programming. From seamless viewing to personalised profiles, customers can now embrace our most advanced TV service ever. And with multi-viewing available through our mini boxes, and advanced parental control options, this is really is the perfect way to watch TV for the whole family.”
“It’s so important to us to be able to combine leading technological innovation with our long standing-standing commitment to sustainability and, with this new Virgin TV 360 entertainment platform, we can deliver on both fronts.”
Links: Virgin Media