Elisa to deploy Deep Discovery from TiVoWednesday, November 4th, 2020
TiVo introduces Deep Discovery
- Elisa signs multi-year agreement to drive more relevant recommendations to its customers
SAN JOSE, Calif. — TiVo®, the company that brings entertainment together and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xperi Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER), today announced Deep Discovery, a new API based metadata solution. Elisa, a Finnish market leader in telecommunications and digital services, has signed a multiyear extension and expansion of its agreement with TiVo which will include deploying Deep Discovery to help the customers of its video service, Elisa Viihde, find more programming and movies they’ll love.
“In a content landscape with more options than ever, advanced personalization and relevance are fundamental for products and services as consumers increasingly want to interact with brands that know what they want, before they even search for it,” said Chris Ambrozic, vice president of product, Discovery, Xperi. “Deep Discovery harnesses the power of AI and machine learning to deliver more relevant and personalized recommendations for service providers like Elisa.”
TiVo’s Deep Discovery package, an option with Video Metadata, allows TV and video service providers, consumer electronics manufacturers and new media companies to better maximize the value of their catalogs and drive conversion, engagement and loyalty. With Deep Discovery, content is enriched to a new level of detail with metadata like Moods, Tones, Themes, Weighted Keywords, Age Descriptors and Popularity Scores, resulting in highly relevant search results and recommendations:
- Mood, Tone, Theme and Time Period create delightfully unexpected results
- Topics bring in granular details from the content to form connections to special interests
- Popularity Scores link older titles to trending content, taking advantage of social and cultural topics to add timeliness
- Weighted Keywords provide quantitative and qualitative insights into content relationships
Unlike other metadata solutions, TiVo links these fields to standardized video metadata, differentiating and improving the overall user experience.
“We are excited to extend and expand our existing relationship with Elisa through Deep Discovery, which will enable it to continue creating and delivering the very best experience for its customers,” said Matt Milne, chief revenue officer, Xperi.
Elisa is a pioneer in telecommunications and digital services and its video service, Elisa Viihde, is the leading digital entertainment service in Finland. The service offers streaming video services, rental movies, and an extensive range of pay-TV packages. Elisa has been a TiVo customer with TV Schedule and VOD Metadata since 2014.
“We’re deepening our relationship with TiVo to make it easier for our customers to discover great content,” said development director Magnus Pettersson at Elisa. “This new long-term agreement will benefit our customers immediately as we roll out TiVo’s API based solution. TiVo’s ambition and commitment to providing new and innovative metadata products that embrace machine learning and AI bring the opportunity to make the user experience of our IPTV&OTT services even better than before.”
TiVo has decades of experience investing in research and development to create market-leading technologies for the media and entertainment industry. TiVo’s innovations make it easier for viewers to find, watch, and enjoy all their content across multiple platforms.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store