Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customersTuesday, March 2nd, 2021
All Virgin Media customers can now boost their entertainment with Virgin TV 360
- The latest evolution in Virgin Media’s TV offering is now available to all customers
- A quick over the air update enables Virgin TV 360 on existing V6 boxes, so customers can get the latest update with no need for a new set-top box
- Virgin TV 360 includes a new voice activated remote, slick features designed to enhance the overall viewing experience and a new 4K enabled Mini box
- Customers can enjoy flexible viewing on the go with the revamped Virgin TV Go app
Virgin Media has today announced that the latest update in its TV line-up, Virgin TV 360, is now available to all of its customers.
Virgin TV 360 is designed with the ultimate user experience at its core, offering simple modern menus, quick navigation and a whole host of popular apps and channels all in one place. This includes Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer – all with 4k Ultra-High Definition and HDR viewing capabilities. New features, including Voice Search, Startover and Profiles, enable customers to have more control and personalise their TV experience so they never have to miss a minute. The revamped Virgin TV Go app also works seamlessly with Virgin TV 360, so customers can keep up with the shows they love even when they’re out and about.
Those looking to upgrade their entertainment experience can now add Virgin Media’s most advanced TV platform to their broadband and TV bundle for a one off payment of just £24.95. Entertainment enthusiasts can also add up to two Virgin TV 360 Mini boxes to enjoy seamless multi-room viewing throughout their home, with the first Mini box costing £10 a month and the second £5 a month. With Virgin Media’s multi-room service, customers can enjoy live TV, on-demand shows and recordings all at the same time – even in stunning Ultra HD. Existing customers who take or upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph bundle can add Virgin TV 360 at no additional cost and will get their first Mini box for free.
Customers wanting to upgrade to Virgin TV 360 can simply call or go online to boost their entertainment. They will then be sent a new voice activated remote allowing them to easily dive straight into the content they love. Existing V6 customers will be upgraded via a simple over-the-air update, so there’s no need for a new box, and for customers with a TiVo or earlier set-top box, Virgin Media will send them a shiny new one*.
Annie Brooks, Executive Director of Product at Virgin Media, said: “Virgin TV 360 is paired perfectly with our ultrafast connectivity, offering a fantastically fast, modern and more personal user experience that all of our customers can now enjoy. With Virgin TV 360, we’re making it easier for our customers and their families to kick back and enter a world of entertainment, whenever they want and wherever they are.”
New Virgin TV 360 features include:
- Voice Search & Control – a new remote allows customers to use their voice to find the telly they love, open apps, pause, skip forward or back and breeze around content quickly.
- Profiles – families can now create their own profiles so that they can control their own pause points, select their favourite channels and receive personalised recommendations.
- Startover – lets customers skip back to the beginning of live programmes, even if they’ve already started.
- New Mini box – recordings only need to be made once and can be shared across multiple set top boxes which allows for seamless Ultra-HD multi-room viewing throughout the home.
- Upgraded Virgin TV Go app – offers a boosted on the go experience that allows customers to pause a programme on one set top box and carry on watching it on their tablet in another room or on the move.
* Customers with a TiVo or legacy box will require a box swap to a new Virgin TV 360 box.
- Virgin TV 360 launched in December 2020 to all new customers and existing customers who took or upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph bundle.
- Virgin TV 360 is now available across all broadband and TV bundles. Customers can have Virgin TV 360 on a maximum of 3 set-top boxes in their home (one primary box and up to 2 Mini boxes).
- £24.95 upgrade fee will be waived if existing V6 customers re-contract when they upgrade to Virgin TV 360 and will be reduced from £49.95 to £24.95 for TiVo customers who re-contract when they upgrade to Virgin TV 360.
- Over the air software update is only compatible with V6 boxes. Customers with a TiVo box will require a box swap for a Virgin TV 360 box.
- 71% of UK Virgin Media customers have a V6 box.
Links: Virgin Media
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin