Nagra releases 2021 half year resultsThursday, August 26th, 2021
CHESEAUX-SUR-LAUSANNE, Switzerland and PHOENIX (AZ), USA — The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S), a leading provider of media content protection and value-added service technology, announced today its 2021 half year results.
Digital TV: Focused Initiatives Driving New Traction And Strengthened Relationships With Major Operators
Digital TV delivered a strong first half in spite of COVID-19-related market turbulence. Focused product initiatives saw strong activity during the first half:
- Launched in 2020, NAGRA’s sport-as-a-service offering, including an app and video streaming solution, the Sporfie video clipping technology and a loyalty program based on SKIDATA technology, continues to gain traction among sports organizations. Following successful launches with FIH (field hockey) and PMH (motor racing) in 2020, NAGRA continued to extend its footprint, adding a further significant sport in the first half of 2021.
- NAGRA’s anti-piracy offering expanded further to address new market needs, recently adding new blocking services and OTT security audits, and extended its market reach, establishing resell partners in several countries and engaging with online video platforms.
The Group’s partnerships with the largest pay-TV operators worldwide continued to expand:
- As part of its long-term agreement with NAGRA, Vodafone Group continued to enlarge the footprint of Vodafone TV in Germany during the first half of 2021. Vodafone TV is now active in all of Vodafone’s major TV markets.
- The Group renewed its IPTV contract globally with Telefónica through 2024 to support operations in key regions around the world.
- In Latin America, Claro Colombia (America Movil) deployed a next-generation Android TV platform powered by NAGRA’s OpenTV Video Platform backend.
- SK Broadband, one of the largest broadband Internet access providers in South Korea, has selected NAGRA’s NexGuard forensic watermarking technology to protect the operator’s premium content on a wide range of IPTV set-top boxes.