Devas Multimedia plans DMB service in IndiaMonday, August 11th, 2008
Bangalore-based Devas Multimedia plans to deliver video and TV channels via a hybrid satellite-terrestrial (DMB) network to mobile devices. Devas is working with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on a service to be launched in 2009-10 after ISRO launches its GSAT-6 satellite.
Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has bought a 17% stake for $75 million. Other investors include Columbia Capital and Telecom Ventures.
More: Deutsche Tele to pay Rs 317 cr for Devas pie (Economic Times)
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV