Roku #1 TV streaming platform in MexicoTuesday, November 30th, 2021
Roku is the #1 TV Streaming Platform in Mexico
- All-new Roku Streaming Stick 4K now available in Mexico in addition to 8 Roku TV partners
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Roku, Inc. today announced that it is the #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico, based on hours streamed, according to a recent study conducted by the Hypothesis Group. This leadership position comes as the company closes 2021 with 8 Roku TV™ partners in Mexico and the arrival of the new Roku® Streaming Stick™ 4K player to stores just in time for the holiday season.
“We are proud to be the #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico, and that is thanks to the consumers who have enjoyed our streaming players over the past six years, our Roku TV partners that chose to build TVs using Roku’s operating system, our retail partners for working with Roku to showcase our products to consumers, and our content partners that have worked with Roku to bring their entertainment to our users,” said Arthur van Rest, vice president of International at Roku.
The study, conducted by the Hypothesis Group among 2,534 survey respondents in October 2021, found that Roku is the #1 TV Streaming Platform in Mexico, based on hours streamed. In addition, the study also found that consumers in Mexico view Roku as the best streaming platform for free TV shows and movies.
Roku Streaming Stick 4K arrives in Mexico
Earlier this year, Roku unveiled the all-new Roku® Streaming StickTM 4K, offering powerful 4K streaming in a portable form factor. The Roku Streaming Stick 4K is easy to use, faster and more powerful than ever. It boots up to 30% faster — enabling smooth streaming in spectacular 4K, Dolby Vision®, and HDR10+ picture and features a redesigned long-range Wi-Fi® receiver. The sleek design hides neatly behind your TV with simple setup. Plus, easily search across thousands of channels with your voice and control your TV, streaming, and sound—all with the included remote*.
Additional features of the Roku Streaming Stick 4K include:
- Dolby Vision®: Enjoy favorite films or streaming series with spectacular color, contrast, brightness, and detail. Dolby Vision delivers colors never-before seen on a screen paired with ultra-vivid picture quality which results in a refined, lifelike image.
- Brilliant picture quality: Stunningly sharp 4K picture brings out the rich detail in entertainment with four times the resolution of HD**. Watch as colors pop off the screen and enjoy lifelike clarity with Dolby Vision and HDR10+.
- Clutter-free and simple setup: Plug the compact device directly into the back of your TV for a simple setup that’s perfect for wall mount TV or trips on-the-go.
- Smooth streaming: The all-new quad-core processor boots up to 30% faster and the re-designed long range wireless receiver offers up 2x faster Wi-Fi speeds, enabling content to load quicker and navigation to feel snappier than ever before.
- Voice remote with TV controls: Power up the TV, adjust the volume, and control the Roku Streaming Stick 4K device with one remote*. Use Roku Voice to quickly search, play entertainment and more.
- Ecosystem compatibility: Control Roku Streaming Stick 4K by using voice with Alexa or Google Assistant enabled devices. With AirPlay 2, effortlessly stream, control and share content directly from iPhone, iPad or Mac. Roku Streaming Stick 4K also supports HomeKit, which allows users to easily and securely control Roku devices using Siri or the Home app on their Apple devices.
The Roku Streaming Stick 4K will be available in major retailers in Mexico just in time for the holidays for $1,499. The Roku Streaming Stick 4K expands Roku’s device lineup in Mexico, which also includes the Roku Express, The Roku Express 4K and the Roku Streambar®. Roku devices can be found in more than 3,000 retail stores in Mexico, including Coppel, Walmart, Bodega Aurrera, Liverpool, Chedraui, Amazon, Palacio de Hierro, Sanborns, Sam’s Club and Mercado Libre.
Roku TV Momentum in Mexico
Roku is closing 2021 with 8 Roku TV brands in Mexico, including Hisense, InFocus, JVC, Philips, Sharp, TCL, Walmart’s ATVIO and Sanyo Roku TV, which recently launched in Mexico. Roku’s easy-to-use operating system powers these Roku TV models, which come in a range of sizes from 32-inch to 75-inch and provide consumers with a premium smart TV experience at an affordable price.
Roku TV models offer consumers an intuitive, easy to use, customizable home screen, thousands of free and paid streaming channels and advanced features like fast and easy search across top channels with results ranked by price, and private listening available in the Roku mobile app. The Roku TV home screen puts a customer’s favorite entertainment in one place so it’s easier than ever to watch what they love. People can stream movies and TV episodes, news or access a cable box, game console, or antenna from the simple home screen.
* TV power and volume controls on the Roku remote control are compatible with most TVs.
** 4K only works with compatible TV and content.