Roku launches advertising business in MexicoWednesday, February 2nd, 2022
Roku Launches Advertising Business in Mexico
- Roku offers brands and content providers new opportunities in TV streaming – to reach and engage audiences and help plan, buy, and measure TV streaming advertising
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Roku, Inc. (Nasdaq: ROKU) today announced the expansion of the company’s advertising business to Mexico, allowing brands and content providers to reach even more consumers through ad-supported content on the #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico*. As part of the launch, Roku has partnered with Entravision, a leading global digital marketing and media company with local operations in Mexico, to help brands effectively reach consumers by advertising on the Roku streaming platform.
As more consumers are moving to TV streaming, advertisers can reach them by moving budgets into TV streaming. Through Roku’s advertising solutions, brands and marketers can reach audiences at scale on the Roku platform.
“We are excited to bring our advertising business to Mexico, a market where Roku has already seen great traction and where streaming is becoming mainstream,” said Mirjam Laux, Vice President, International Platform at Roku. “Our goal is to help advertisers and content partners invest for a world where all TV and all TV ads will be streamed. We look forward to working directly with brands and content providers to reach even more consumers through TV streaming in Mexico.”
Roku launched its advertising business in 2012 and since then, the company has worked with 90 percent of the top 200 Ad Age brands. In Q3 2021, total monetized video ad impressions nearly doubled year-over-year, driven by strong client acquisition and retention.
Brands and content providers will be able to reach consumers through ad-supported content as part of Roku advertising, which includes benefits such as:
- Reach consumers at scale: Roku has a direct relationship with its consumers, enabling better ad targeting and measurement.
- Access to premium inventory: Brands can advertise with trusted editorially curated premium channels, including local networks, film & TV, sports and lifestyle.
- Unique storytelling for brands: Create advertiser experiences that go beyond the 30-second ad and take full advantage of the TV streaming environment.
- Performance driven: Roku combines TV’s branding power with digital data to drive performance and results.
As part of Roku’s advertising launch, the company has partnered with Entravision to serve as the company’s advertising partner in Mexico to work with brands interested in advertising through the Roku platform.
* by hours streamed (Hypothesis Group, October 2021)