M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVsTuesday, May 10th, 2022
M7 Group integrates TV platforms into smart TVs
- Innovation with MediaTek chips and HbbTV OpApp
- Launch on TP Vision smart TVs, other manufacturers to follow
- Deployment across all M7 markets and brands
LUXEMBOURG — M7 Group will integrate its TV platforms into smart TV sets from leading manufacturers, enabling direct access by viewers without a set-top box, HDMI stick or other additional reception device, with the user interface appearing in the platforms’ branded design. Marking an industry-first, the solution is based on the integration of the M7 channel mechanism FST (Fast Scan Tables), full compliance with the M7 CAM (Conditional Access Module) on the MediaTek chipsets in combination with the HbbTV OpApp specification as European broadcasting standard as the base for the M7 Smart-TV app experience.
“With the integration of our SmartTV Apps directly on the smart TV chipsets produced by MediaTek, we are enabling true innovation while setting new benchmarks in simplicity and ease of operation of our apps on SmartTV’s. Because of our close co-operation with MediaTek, our customers can soon enjoy the most comprehensive TV viewing experience with M7’s Hybrid and OTT services on MediaTek Chipsets based on SmartTVs,” said Hans Troelstra, CEO M7 Group.
The deployment will commence in June 2022 on smart TVs from TP Vision (Philips) based on 4K and 8K capable SmartTV platforms of MediaTek, followed by other major TV set manufacturers using MediaTek chipsets and the HbbTV standard 2.0.2. M7 Group will subsequently roll out the landmark solution in all European markets in which the company is operating TV platforms across its full range of brands (except Online.nl in the Netherlands).
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles