24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations serviceTuesday, May 24th, 2022
24i launches advanced new personalization and recommendations service, 24iQ, to help OTT and Pay TV services supercharge content engagement
- 24iQ is a standalone managed service that brings AI-based analytics and high-quality content recommendations to any streaming provider – regardless of which streaming platform underpins their service.
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — 24i, the end-to-end video streaming expert, today announced the launch of an advanced new personalization and content recommendations service, 24iQ.
This managed service is the result of the rapid integration of 24i’s existing data team with the innovative technologies and data science expertise of UK-based company The Filter, which was acquired by 24i in April 2022. The 24iQ service is based on the same capabilities that have enabled some of The Filter’s customers to increase engagement by as much as 300%.
“Content discovery is one of the biggest challenges faced by any streaming service today. Whatever your business model, increased engagement is essential to customer retention and revenue growth. With 24iQ, we’re using the most advanced tools data science has to offer to solve this challenge to deliver a step-change in streaming personalization. We’re excited to help more OTT and pay TV companies benefit from the improvements our customers have already seen in both the volume and range of content viewed when these techniques are deployed,” said 24i CEO Dr. Neale Foster.
- Highly personalized user experiences – Through metadata enhancements, advanced algorithms, and scalable APIs, 24iQ provides high-quality content suggestions based on the previous viewing behavior of each individual consumer. This enables streaming services to populate user-specific sections like “recommended for you,” “more like this,” and “trending” as well as auto-play functions shown when an existing program ends.
- Smart search for live content – By taking user’s tastes into account when displaying results, 24iQ enables personalized recommendations for content that’s about to start in live streamed TV channels.
- Automated viewer retention outreach – User-focused content recommendations can be extended into push notifications and email marketing campaigns to drive return visits to a streaming service.
24iQ is available to both OTT and Pay TV service providers and can be used with any streaming backend, content management system or application.
24iQ is based on sophisticated techniques including collaborative filtering, neural networks, user clustering, natural language processing, and model blending. The service benefits from the same “test, learn and refine” methodology that has already been proven to increase consumer engagement for customers including Joyn in Germany, EPIX in the USA and BBC Studios-owned UKTV Play.
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak