Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in CanadaMonday, November 28th, 2022
MediaKind’s Mediaroom Play Powers Next-Generation Streaming Experiences to More Viewers Across Canada
- Mediaroom Play helps power the next generation of Bell Fibe TV service converging linear, on-demand, and apps
- Mediaroom Play aggregates content to enable customers to access live TV and video-on-demand movies and shows from 1000+ streaming content owners, and 7000+ apps through the Google Play Store
- Mediaroom Play also offers additional voice control, cloud PVR, and powerful search functionality
FRISCO, Texas — MediaKind today announces that Mediaroom Play is powering more TV services to viewers across Canada, marking a new era in media entertainment experiences. Mediaroom Play combines the quality of experience brought by the Mediaroom IPTV platform with the wealth of applications offered by Android TV. The deployment enables TV providers to bring live TV, on-demand shows and movies, Cloud PVR, apps, voice remote, and powerful search, all in one place. With Google Play Store integration, providers can also offer access to over 7,000 apps including some of the favorite streaming content applications, positioning themselves as leading aggregators of media services in Canada. Most recently, MediaKind worked with Bell Canada on the latest evolution of its Fibe TV service.
Mediaroom Play represents MediaKind’s substantial investment in Mediaroom, the IPTV platform highly rated for the quality of its user experience. Mediaroom offers next-generation services through the integration with MediaKind’s Video Storage and Processing Platform (VSPP) Cloud PVR, Google’s Android TV, Google Play, Google Assistant voice control, and Universal Search. It increases the IPTV service value by giving access to 7000+ applications while maintaining the reliability and usability that made its reputation. Developed on the Android-TV operating system, the pre-integrated product provides a tested, robust, and market-ready solution to rapidly launch new STBs powered by Android TV.
The integration also opens new monetization routes for operators, with revenue share opportunities on the Google Play Store and through Google Ads, as well as additional monetization options based on content and app curation. This considerably expands the consumer benefits and lifetime value for Mediaroom customers.
Steve Payne, President and Chief Revenue Officer, MediaKind, said: “As one of our longest-standing Mediaroom customers, we’re delighted to see Bell integrate Mediaroom Play with its pioneering Fibe TV service, and position itself as Canada’s leading content aggregator. With Mediaroom Play, Fibe TV’s customers can experience the next evolution of TV and entertainment, whereby live TV and on-demand movies and shows are accessible through apps, voice control, and powerful search functions.”
Links: MediaKind; Bell Canada
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store