Paramount+ added 9.9 million subscribers in Q4 2022Thursday, February 16th, 2023
Paramount+ Added Record 9.9M Subscribers in Q4 and Grew Revenue 81% Year-Over-Year
- Reached Nearly 56M Paramount+ Subscribers, With Global Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Subscribers Rising To More Than 77M
- Pluto TV Also Added 6.5M Global Monthly Active Users (MAUs), Reaching Nearly 79M
NEW YORK — Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA) (NASDAQ: PARAA) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2022.
- Global DTC subscribers rose to more than 77M.
- Reflects the addition of 10.8M DTC subscribers in the quarter.
- Paramount+ subscribers grew to nearly 56M following a record quarterly increase of 9.9M subscribers.
- Subscriber growth was driven by a strong content slate, including the NFL, the expansion of existing franchises like Top Gun: Maverick and 1923, the success of new franchises like Tulsa King and Smile, as well as CBS’s overall entertainment slate.
- Internationally, Yellowstone and Top Gun: Maverick were top acquisition drivers for the service.
- On a full year basis, Paramount+ continued to benefit from a partnership-based approach, including establishing and expanding relationships with Walmart, Delta, Sky, Canal+, Amazon and Roku.
- According to Antenna, since launch Paramount+ is the #1 premium streaming service in domestic sign-ups and gross subscriber additions, and had the most sign-ups in 2022.
- Pluto TV increased global MAUs by 6.5M in the quarter driven by growth in all markets and expansion into Canada.
- Grew global total viewing hours strong double digits quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year.
- DTC revenue increased 30% year-over-year.
- Paramount+ revenue grew 81% year-over-year.
- Subscription revenue grew 48% year-over-year, principally reflecting paid subscriber growth on Paramount+.
- Advertising revenue rose 4% year-over-year.
- Adjusted OIBDA decreased $73 million year-over-year, reflecting investments in content and international expansion.
More: Full results release
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store