Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the USThursday, May 25th, 2023
Orby Elevate Selects EUTELSAT 117 West A For DTH TV Distribution Across the US
- Leveraging the satellite’s high-power regional coverage
- Showcasing the technological advantage and competitiveness of satellite solutions for DTH distribution
PARIS — Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) announces that Orby Elevate has selected the EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite for the distribution of its first major mainstream English language Direct-to-Home (DTH) TV services in the United States.
Orby Elevate offers a mix of secular and religious video services to US-based customers. Located at 116.8° West, EUTELSAT 117 West A features state-of-the-art technology providing hemi coverage in both C and Ku bands, as well as high-power regional coverage in Ku-band over North and South America. This will enable Orby Elevate to leverage EUTELSAT 117 West A’s exceptional throughput over the US territory to launch its first major mainstream English language DTH bouquet in what is a very significant market in terms of audience size and consumer appetite.
Ricardo Dias, Orby Elevate Interim CEO, said: “It is a great opportunity to leverage the already existing infrastructure developed by the original iteration of Orby and the great coverage of the powerful EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite into a platform that allows family-friendly content to reach homes nationwide and at a reasonable cost.”
G. Jim Carroccia, Eutelsat North America Media Sales Director, commented: “We are delighted that Orby Elevate has selected EUTELSAT 117 West A for its first major mainstream English language DTH bouquet to launch in the U.S. market. This ground-breaking deal showcases the important role that satellite continues to play in TV distribution. We look forward to supporting Orby Elevate as their innovative business and offerings continue to grow.”
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi