Pixalate introduces Samsung Connected TV Trends ReportWednesday, June 21st, 2023
Pixalate Introduces Samsung Connected TV Trends Report: Samsung Global Programmatic Advertising Market Share Hits 19% in Q1 2023
- Samsung Smart TV commands increasing programmatic advertising market share, 19% in Q1 2023 up 3 percentage points YoY, trailing Roku (46%) and beating Amazon Fire TV (9%).
LONDON — Pixalate, the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising, introduces the Samsung Connected TV Trends Report Q1 2023, analyzing Samsung Smart TV’s position in the open programmatic advertising market.
The report provides a deep dive into Samsung’s open programmatic CTV ad spend trends – using ad sales as a proxy – by global region, their top grossing apps, and a look at invalid traffic (IVT, inclusive of ad fraud) in the open programmatic CTV ad marketplace.
- Samsung Smart TV global programmatic advertising market share reaches 19% in Q1 2023, up from 16% in Q1 2022.
- Samsung trails behind Roku’s 46% global market share
- North America region leads market share at 20%, APAC 19%, LATAM 14%, and EMEA trailing at 5%
- Samsung Smart TV Invalid Traffic (IVT) rate is 21%, slightly higher than Amazon Fire TV (20%) and Roku (20%)
Pixalate adds Samsung Smart TV App Store Intelligence to its Media Ratings Terminal. Clients can now access ad fraud intelligence and online privacy compliance data for over +3.4K Samsung CTV apps in MRT.
Top 5 Grossing Samsung Smart TV Apps, Q1 2023 Open Programmatic Advertising:
- Samsung TV Plus
- Sling TV
- Pluto TV