Motorola Announces Third-Quarter Financial ResultsThursday, October 30th, 2008
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today reported sales of $7.5 billion in the third quarter of 2008.
Home and Networks Mobility segment sales were $2.4 billion, down 1 percent compared to the year-ago quarter. Operating earnings increased to $263 million, which represents an increase of 65 percent compared to operating earnings of $159 million in the year-ago quarter.
Home and Networks Mobility highlights:
- Expanded operating margin year-over-year from 7 percent of sales to 11 percent of sales
- Shipped 4.1 million digital entertainment devices, compared to 2.7 million in the year-ago quarter, due to continued strong demand for HD, HD/DVR and IPTV devices
- Signed multiple contracts worth $431 million with China Mobile Communications Corporation for its GSM network upgrades and expansion
- Announced the multimedia set-top platform and its first implementation with KDDI, an operator in Japan
- Won IPTV contract with Deutsche Telekom in Germany
More: Earnings Release