Zoran Ships New HDTV Processor Family With Advanced Audio Processing and Color Management CapabilitiesMonday, November 17th, 2008
Unprecedented Integration Includes TV Microcontroller, Demodulator, Audio Codec, Multiple Analog Video Inputs Plus Three HDMI Inputs
SUNNYVALE, CA — Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ: ZRAN) announced that its highly integrated SupraHD® 775 and SupraHD® 785 HDTV processors are shipping to qualified DTV manufacturers supplying the high-volume, cost-sensitive ATSC digital TV market in the U.S.
The new SupraHD® processors eliminate multiple components from the DTV system design by integrating the TV microcontroller, 8VSB Demodulator, Audio codec, Audio Multiplexer, Analog Video Multiplexer and a host of other functions including advanced audio processing and color management capabilities into the single-chip solution.
In addition, Zoran’s high integration enables a more energy-efficient design, which allows DTV manufacturers to meet the federal Energy Star requirements.
“We are pleased to announce our highly-integrated SupraHD® 775 and SupraHD® 785 processors to our OEM and ODM customers targeting volume shipments to the North American digital TV market. While this market continues to be dynamic and challenging, Zoran’s engineering expertise allows us to enhance each product generation with continued video quality improvements, higher integration, and expanded features,” said Jun Kawaguchi, director product marketing, HDTV Products, Zoran’s Home Entertainment Division.
According to DisplaySearch analyst Paul Gray, “Over 36 million DTV units will be shipped to the U.S. market during 2009. The American consumer continues to demand improved picture quality across all price points, especially in the popular flat screen TVs, which DisplaySearch forecasts will increase to around 40 million units by 2011.”
The SupraHD® 775 and SupraHD® 785 processors integrate virtually all the key electronic components needed to build a cost-effective ATSC digital TV for the North American market. Integrated functions include the following:
- TV Microcontroller and unified memory design
- Market-proven Cascade® ATSC / NTSC / QAM demodulator
- Audio analog-to-digital converter with 6 stereo pair inputs
- Audio digital-to-analog converter
- Three HDMI v.1.3 inputs
- Advanced audio processing including virtual surround sound and audio expansion capabilities
- Advanced color management
- Two 1080P YPbPr analog video inputs
- WUXGA PC analog video input
- Three S-video inputs and four composite video inputs with 3D comb filter
- Integrated dual channel LVDS transmitters with xvYCC Wide Color Gamut support
- Content adaptive 1080i deinterlacer for interlaced analog video inputs
- Six stereo pair analog audio inputs
- Two stereo pair analog audio outputs
- Picture-in-Picture function
- USB 2.0 input
- MPEG noise reduction provides block-free reception of digital transmission
- And others
Cost-optimized production ready design platforms are available with market-ready DTV software and TV microcontroller software.