Zoran Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2009 ResultsMonday, July 27th, 2009
Sequential DTV, Digital Camera and DVD Revenues Increase 69, 72 and 90 Percent, Respectively; Company Returns to Cash Flow Positive
SUNNYVALE, Calif — Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ: ZRAN), a leading provider of digital solutions for applications in the digital entertainment and digital imaging markets, today reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2009.
Revenues for the second quarter were $102.7 million, compared to $68.5 million last quarter and $128.7 million for the second quarter of 2008. The Company reported a second quarter GAAP net loss of $13.8 million, or $0.27 per share, which compares with a GAAP net loss of $21.1 million, or $0.41 per share, for the previous quarter and a GAAP net loss of $36.6 million, or $0.71 per share, for the second quarter of the prior year.
- Revenues by product line for the second quarter of 2009 were 40 percent DTV, 28 percent Digital Camera, 14 percent DVD, 12 percent Printer Imaging and 6 percent mobile phone processors.
- Zoran’s SupraHD® processors power new Advanced 1080P Insignia High Definition Televisions, ranging in size from 19-inch to over 52-inch displays, shipping to Best Buy retail stores this month
- Zoran introduces Breakthrough Frame Rate Conversion (SupraFRC™) product for worldwide 120 Hz LCD DTV market at Computex in Taiwan
- Zoran introduces Advanced SupraHD® 787 HDTV processors to premium 1080P DTV manufacturers
- Zoran technology powers top selling Flip Video Camcorders from Pure Digital
- Zoran introduces Quatro 4500 the industry’s first complete solution pairing embedded Multicore processors with software for Office Printing Market
- Zoran announces enhanced support for XPS Print Path Drivers in Windows operating systems including Windows 7
- Zoran settles outstanding litigation with DTS and obtains Blu-ray license
More: Earnings Release