Digital TV News: UPC Schweiz
Liberty Global completes acquisition of Sunrise
Nov 12, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the acquisition of Sunrise Communications AG (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG). Liberty Global now holds more than 98% of the share capital of Sunrise.
News categories: Liberty Global, UPC Schweiz, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Switzerland
Liberty Global announces results of Sunrise tender offer
Oct 9, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced provisional results for the tender offer by UPC Schweiz to acquire Sunrise Communications Group (SIX: SRCG). Subject to confirmation, the minimum acceptance offer condition has been met.
News categories: Liberty Global, UPC Schweiz, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
Liberty Global publishes offer prospectus for Sunrise Communications
Aug 27, 2020 – UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK), has published the Offer Prospectus for its tender for all publicly held shares of Sunrise Communications Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG).
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
Sunrise discussing possible UPC Schweiz acquisition with Liberty Global
Feb 5, 2019 – Sunrise Communications has noted recent media and market speculation regarding a potential transaction with UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global. Sunrise confirms it is in discussions regarding a possible acquisition.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, UPC, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media