Digital TV News: UPC Schweiz
Liberty Global completes acquisition of Sunrise
Nov 12, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the acquisition of Sunrise Communications AG (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG). Liberty Global now holds more than 98% of the share capital of Sunrise.
News categories: Liberty Global, UPC Schweiz, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Switzerland
Liberty Global announces results of Sunrise tender offer
Oct 9, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced provisional results for the tender offer by UPC Schweiz to acquire Sunrise Communications Group (SIX: SRCG). Subject to confirmation, the minimum acceptance offer condition has been met.
News categories: Liberty Global, UPC Schweiz, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
Liberty Global publishes offer prospectus for Sunrise Communications
Aug 27, 2020 – UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK), has published the Offer Prospectus for its tender for all publicly held shares of Sunrise Communications Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG).
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
Sunrise discussing possible UPC Schweiz acquisition with Liberty Global
Feb 5, 2019 – Sunrise Communications has noted recent media and market speculation regarding a potential transaction with UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global. Sunrise confirms it is in discussions regarding a possible acquisition.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, UPC, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland