Batelco BlackBox Pioneers Broadband TV in Bahrain using Oregan Digital TV MiddlewareFriday, November 30th, 2012
- The platform creates a multi-source media viewing experience, connecting subscribers to fibre broadband, home PC and personal mobile sources
- The service taps into technology for streaming video in a secured multicast mode over IP networks, for efficient distribution of linear TV
- Advanced EPG and PVR time shifting capabilities offer the convenience of any-time TV
LONDON, UK — Oregan Networks, the leading British IPTV software and systems specialist, announces that Batelco, the largest telecom operator and ISP in Bahrain, has based the country’s first broadband video service on Set Top Boxes, using Oregan’s technology. Through the BlackBox video service, Batelco offers the full spectrum of benefits of its advanced fibre optic backbone infrastructure, which now includes delivery of high quality premium video content.
Oregan’s software inside the BlackBox devices enables advanced IPTV and web features, including:
- Streaming of full HD on-demand and linear video
- Catch-up TV
- Interactive Programming Guide
- Time shifting and personal video recording
- Keyword-based search.
Oregan’s Onyx media browser is integrated as the consumer-facing User Experience component of Batelco’s end-to-end video delivery and subscriber management system.
Oregan’s VP Market Strategy Milya Timergaleyeva commented, “The Batelco IPTV deployment is an ambitious initiative that drives the evolution of the telecoms business in Bahrain and catalyses faster broadband adoption – by giving subscribers a simple reason to sign up. Oregan are proud to be the technology of choice that defines the IPTV user experience and, as such, is part of Batelco’s diversification and customer acquisition efforts.”