STMicroelectronics reports 2012 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial ResultsThursday, January 31st, 2013
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth quarter net revenues totaled $2.16 billion and gross margin was 32.3%. Net loss attributable to parent company was $428 million, mainly due to a charge of $544 million for the impairment of Wireless goodwill and other intangible assets following the Company’s decision to exit the ST-Ericsson joint venture after the communicated transition period as part of the Company’s new strategic plan announced on December 10, 2012.
Q4 2012 Product and Technology Highlights – Digital Sector – Digital Convergence
- Earned multiple design wins for broadcast set-top box chips at leading Chinese set-top box makers Jiuzhou and Inspur.
- Collected a design win for the world’s most powerful set-top box system-on-chip (Orly) in an IPTV set-top box platform at a major Asian equipment producer.
- Saw increased traction for high-resolution multimedia-monitor controllers in premium monitors and public displays: ST’s innovative systems-on-chip power, among others, LG’s new 29-inch cinema display and 27-inch ultra-high-resolution monitor, and a public display from Samsung.
- Earned multiple design wins for high-speed media-routing devices for docking stations and dongles at several top PC OEMs.
- Earned an important design win for a 32nm digital ASIC for software-defined networks from a global networking giant.