CES (2013 International CES): January 8-11, 2013: Las Vegas, Nevada
Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
Dec 3, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Latin American STB manufacturers are engaging in the production of a turn-key solution based on Sigma's SoC for hybrid set top boxes for Argentina and other countries using ISDB-T.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mach Electronics, Argentina, CES, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
IZON to unveil 3D TV without glasses at 2014 International CES
Nov 19, 2013 – IZON™ will debut its line of 3D LED televisions without glasses at the 2014 International CES. The company is anticipating the launch of its line of LED screens with 32", 47" and 55" glasses-free models by the second quarter of 2014.
News categories: IZON, 3D, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
DISH Announces Nationwide Availability of 'Hopper with Sling' Whole-Home HD DVR
Feb 11, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the nationwide consumer availability of its new Hopper™ with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR. DISH first introduced Hopper with Sling at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: DISH Network, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
iWedia releases Teatro-3.0 software for Linux SAT>IP headless broadcast gateways
Jan 10, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has released a dedicated edition of its Teatro-3.0 software solution targeted at Linux operated, SAT>IP based headless broadcast gateways.
News categories: iWedia, CES, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Satellite
Accedo Powers Orange Live Box Play
Jan 9, 2013 – Accedo has announced that the Orange Live Box Play set-top-box from Orange (Paris:FTE; NYSE:FTE) will use Accedo's application management solution which provides a front-end user interface including multiple applications as well as a secure back-end system.
News categories: Accedo, Orange, Apps, CES, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Dune HD Introduces Dongle for Streaming iPhone and Android Photos, Music and Video to the TV
Jan 9, 2013 – Dune HD has introduced its Dune HD Connect mobile device companion player that frees content from the confines of mobile devices to enjoy on HDTVs. The Dune HD Connect family of devices will be available in early 2013 and will be shown at CES.
News categories: Dune HD, CES, Home Networking, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
iWedia selected by Google as Software integrator for Google TV
Jan 9, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has concluded an agreement with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) to provide iWedia integration services to Google partners wishing to deploy the Google TV platform in their products.
News categories: iWedia, Google TV, Blu-ray, CES, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
AirTies integrates ACCESS DLNA-based media sharing
Jan 9, 2013 – ACCESS has announced that AirTies has integrated ACCESS' NetFront™ Living Connect with its home gateways and set-top boxes to enable DLNA-based media sharing throughout the home.
News categories: ACCESS CO, AirTies, CES, DLNA, Home Networking, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018