CES (2013 International CES): January 8-11, 2013: Las Vegas, Nevada
DISH Announces Nationwide Availability of 'Hopper with Sling' Whole-Home HD DVR
Feb 11, 2013 — DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the nationwide consumer availability of its new Hopper™ with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR. DISH first introduced Hopper with Sling at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: DISH Network, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
iWedia releases Teatro-3.0 software for Linux SAT>IP headless broadcast gateways
Jan 10, 2013 — iWedia has announced that it has released a dedicated edition of its Teatro-3.0 software solution targeted at Linux operated, SAT>IP based headless broadcast gateways.
News categories: iWedia, CES, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Satellite
Accedo Powers Orange Live Box Play
Jan 9, 2013 — Accedo has announced that the Orange Live Box Play set-top-box from Orange (Paris:FTE; NYSE:FTE) will use Accedo's application management solution which provides a front-end user interface including multiple applications as well as a secure back-end system.
News categories: Accedo, Orange, Apps, CES, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Dune HD Introduces Dongle for Streaming iPhone and Android Photos, Music and Video to the TV
Jan 9, 2013 — Dune HD has introduced its Dune HD Connect mobile device companion player that frees content from the confines of mobile devices to enjoy on HDTVs. The Dune HD Connect family of devices will be available in early 2013 and will be shown at CES.
News categories: Dune HD, CES, Home Networking, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
iWedia selected by Google as Software integrator for Google TV
Jan 9, 2013 — iWedia has announced that it has concluded an agreement with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) to provide iWedia integration services to Google partners wishing to deploy the Google TV platform in their products.
News categories: iWedia, Google TV, Blu-ray, CES, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
AirTies integrates ACCESS DLNA-based media sharing
Jan 9, 2013 — ACCESS has announced that AirTies has integrated ACCESS’ NetFront™ Living Connect with its home gateways and set-top boxes to enable DLNA-based media sharing throughout the home.
News categories: ACCESS CO, AirTies, CES, DLNA, Home Networking, Middleware, Set Top Box
Channel Master Teams With Screaming Velocity For TV Set-Top Box Recommendation Technology
Jan 8, 2013 — Screaming Velocity, a Silicon Valley-based software company providing advanced TV recommendation technology, has announced a partnership with Channel Master, a leader in set-top boxes, home networking accessories and digital media devices.
News categories: Channel Master, Screaming Velocity, CES, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box
Entropic Partners With Flingo for Interactive TV Within Set-Top Boxes and Second Screens
Jan 8, 2013 — Flingo has announced that Samba, its new interactive TV platform, will be integrated into Entropic's next-generation set-top box (STB) chipsets to instantly synchronize any screen -- TV, tablet, phone or PC -- with live TV shows.
News categories: Flingo, Entropic, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results