CCBN (China Content Broadcasting Network) 2013: March 21-23, 2013: CIEC, Beijing
IMCL Deploys Broadcom Integrated Set Top Box SoC for Digitization of Cable Services
Mar 21, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that IndusInd Media & Communications Ltd (IMCL) has selected Broadcom's BCM7013 SoC with integrated silicon tuner for new set top boxes (STB) to deliver standard definition digitized services to India's emerging cable market.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Movea teams up with STMicroelectronics on gesture recognition for set-top boxes
Mar 21, 2013 – Movea has announced its collaboration with STMicroelectronics on the integration of Movea's SmartMotion Server with ST's Orly set-top box system-on-chip, enabling the easy and rapid deployment of motion-based user interfaces for next-generation connected home systems.
News categories: Movea, STMicroelectronics, CCBN, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Henan Cable deploys next generation Motorola DVB-C HD set-tops
Mar 21, 2013 – Henan Cable has chosen Motorola Mobility's HMC3000 DVB-C HD set-top boxes as a major technological component in its plan to digitize its set-top portfolio and capitalize on increasing demand for digital video services.
News categories: Motorola, Henan Cable, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Entropic, Telepath Deliver First AVS+ HD Set-Top Box Platform for China
Mar 21, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Telepath Technologies have announced the first AVS+ HD set-top box platform for China satellite, cable/IP and terrestrial markets. The platform, integrated with the latest STB SoC from Entropic, supports AVS-P16 (AVS+) and includes advanced security.
News categories: Entropic, Telepath, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GlobalSat, Entropic introduce satellite HD zapper set-top box
Mar 21, 2013 – GlobalSat has introduced the GOOSAT S1-50HD, its latest high performance set-top box for the global Free-to-Air (FTA) Direct Broadcast Satellite zapper market. The box is based on the EN7100 STB system-on-a-chip (SoC) from Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR).
News categories: Entropic, GlobalSat, CCBN, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic unveils cost-optimized set-top box SoCs at CCBN
Mar 21, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the EN71xy family of set-top box SoCs. The products are designed for DTAs (digital terminal adapter), cable and terrestrial zappers and IP-Clients. Entropic is demonstrating the power and performance of the family at CCBN in Beijing.
News categories: Entropic, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2013 – Antik Technology has unveiled details of its forthcoming Android home gateway, Juice Extreme II. The gateway uses STMicroelectronics' Orly STiH416 SoC for streaming and transcoding up to 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
News categories: Antik Technology, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, TVConnect
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA