Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
May 23, 2013 — At this year's ANGA COM Motama will present the latest extensions of its product portfolio. Motama's servers offer a one-stop turn-key solution providing end-to-end delivery, for both Internet/Over-the-Top streaming, as well as for managed IPTV networks using enhanced multicast distribution.
News categories: Motama, ANGA COM, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
May 21, 2013 — Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has unveiled its Xbox One, an all-in-one gaming and entertainment system. At Microsoft's headquarters, the company has showcased how Xbox One puts the user at the center for games, TV, movies, music, sports and Skype.
News categories: Xbox, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 — Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
May 20, 2013 — SKY, the largest subscription-TV operator in Brazil, has launched #SKYREC, a new service for subscribers of SKY HD. This service enables the recording of programs on the decoder with just one re-tweet.
News categories: SKY Brasil, AgênciaClick Isobar, Brazil, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
May 14, 2013 — Espial has announced that Harvard International has shipped its View21® and Goodmans set-top boxes (STBs) throughout the U.K. powered by Espial STB client and multiscreen software solutions.
News categories: Espial, Harvard International, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results