Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
Dec 11, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for the quarter ended November 2, 2013. Net revenues were $54.4 million, down $9.5 million, or 14.9%, from $63.9 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
Dec 11, 2013 – Microsoft has announced that since its launch more than 2 million consoles have been sold to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day - a record-setting pace for Xbox.
News categories: Xbox, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
Dec 11, 2013 – Wyplay has announced that Canal+ is in advanced deployment testing using the new software solution co-developed with Wyplay based on the Frog By Wyplay service.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, CES, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
Dec 11, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Bouygues Telecom, the French telecommunications provider, has deployed Broadpeak’s BkE100 Live RTP retry servers to manage its IPTV service on Bbox Sensation premium set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadpeak, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
Dec 10, 2013 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) has announced that Thailand's Samart has selected Dolby® Digital Plus™ as the sound technology for its DVB-T2 set-top boxes.
News categories: Dolby, Samart, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Thailand
NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
Dec 10, 2013 – NimbleTV has announced the beginning of its service rollout. NimbleTV offers two types of packages that allow anyone with an address within the NYC metropolitan region to watch TV on any device via an authenticated cable subscription.
News categories: NimbleTV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
Dec 9, 2013 – Shipments of OTT-capable devices will rise 20 percent this year from 1.43 billion units in 2012, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). At 1.7 billion units, this equates to one out of every four people on the planet.
News categories: IHS Inc, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
Dec 9, 2013 – Samsung has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit from RDK Management, a joint venture between Comcast Cable and Time Warner Cable, in order to accelerate its set-top box and gateway development cycle.
News categories: Samsung, RDK Management, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)